Part 1

The New Heart

He weeps. He sobs in sorrow. One hand clenching the shirt on his chest above the part where heart was placed, while another one closed the mouth to muffle the howl. That painful howl. The stream of tears was never failed to form, running continuous across his cheeks. He tightens the grip on the thick fabric, almost pierce into his skin. He interminably moaned in agony, questioning himself. The pain was unbearable, but he does not know the reason for it. He does not know why he was so sad. He does not know why he keeps feeling a sorrow like that. He curled up his body, turned his face to the bed sheet and the howl then now muffled in to it.

And this unreasonable pain over his heart was the first thing he felt when he finally woke up from a very long, deep slumber.

"What's wrong with me?" He could feel something within him was breaking apart, almost like a glass pierced and shattered by a bullet. While the tears fall was never ending. "Why do I have to be in such a profound sorrow?" he continued devastating, biting his lip hard that almost leave some bloody marked behind.

There's a rush sound of footsteps towards the door before it was open from the outside. Once it opened, all he could see were blurred shapes in a landscape of white at first. Then the shapes sharpened into his brothers. The newcomers immediately stood at either side of his bed, their faces shadowed by the backlit of ceiling lights.

"Thank god, Weizhou. You're finally awake." The smaller one's hand found his on the blanket. "What's wrong? Are you in pain?" the soft voice then inquired in panic mode at the sight of the painful figure on bed. And that small hand tries to grasp his; the one that clenching the painful heart.

What's wrong with me? His voice scratched against the throat like dry sand when he tried to speak. "Who..." He paused, suddenly lost. And he tried again. "Who's..." tears still filled his eyes. An ache drilled into his heart again as he ransacked his memory for something, anything, that could be the reason for this pain. But there were none. This painful heartbroken feeling does not belong to him. He clutched onto his brother's hand in desperation.

"It's okay now, Weizhou. You're saved." His brother murmured, pulling him into his small arms.

"Who is he?" He asked, looking up at another man standing while observing them.

"Who is it?" His other brother answered with another question that confused him. "There are only us here."

The smaller one nodded, "Only me and Guixian here." He added.

"But there's someone, Ge." He looked at the door. He released the gripped off from the small hands, intended to get off the bed. But Guixian, the man who's standing beside them, immediately stopped him from moving more. "Let me find him."

"There's no one here, Weizhou." the small man murmured, pulling him into his arms again.

"There must be someone." He shouted, sobbing against the other man's shoulder. "Please, ge. Let me meet him."

"But who? Tell us, we'll find him for you."

He just continued sobbing, a little angry with himself. Because he himself does not know who 'he' was. It just his heart that longing for 'him'. And that longing felt so unbearable that he just blurt out without any second thought.

"Guixian, quick call the doctor." The smaller one ordered. He was in muddle as the younger man doesn't give any sign that he would become calm down anytime soon as he was still desperately clung over to his small figure. His body trembled hard. The other man nodded, and then hurriedly walked out to execute the order.