Part 3

Last Will

A cold draft eddied through the living room as he entered the unfamiliar house and he shivered. Just as he walked further into the room, a photo on the wall seized his attention. The only photo that tinted on the white walls. His eyes stare at the faces that smiled brilliantly. There were three of them a man, a beautiful women and a child. That's must be Yuhao. The one this will is for. Weizhou gripped his trembled hands suddenly.

"Where are you came from, young man?" The middle-aged woman asked, after taking a seat on a couch in front him.

He looked up, flashing a faint smile, "I'm from Beijing. Uhm, are you...," he paused a moment, hesitate whether it's okay for him to throw such a sensitive question, but then he still continues, "Uh... I mean, are you Yuhao's grandmother?"

"Yeah." she said, chuckling warily. "Sorry, I should have introduced myself too, right." She smiled beautifully, a beauty that mesmerized Weizhou. Zhiruo must be one beautiful girl too, just like her mother.

"You're so beautiful, mam."

"Ah no!" the woman flustered with the unexpected compliments, waved her hand in front. "You're so handsome and polite and sweet too..."

"Zhiruo just as pretty as you are." Weizhou continued.

"Ah, Zhiruo.... She's my daughter-in-law. I'm actually Jingyu's mother."

"Uhm..." Weizhou mumbled slowly. "Who's......?" he asked, utterly confused. That was the first time he heard that name.

"Oh, well... since you're our Zhiruo's friend, so maybe Jingyu's friend too? Jingyu was late ZhiRuo's husband."

"No... actually I am the one who Zhiruo's heart ...." Before he's able to finish his sentence, Weizhou stopped immediately. His throat constricted and his heart ripped apart. "I'm sorry," he said then, unable to utter any other words, tears somehow blurring his eyes. "I'm sorry," he whispered again, looking up to the photo on the wall.

He knows that he had done nothing wrong. But still, there's a sense of guilty ripping apart his heart and mind. Why must they be apart? Why the fate is so cruel to them?

"No, young man. It's not your fault. They had already known long before that Zhiruo would not live a long life and that they have lived their life to the fullest that nothing can make them regretted any." She said to assure him, though she's still oblivious to Weizhou's tremor deep inside because he had masked the pain really well. "Since Zhiruo's gone, I've been coming here on the weekend, to have a look on Jingyu and Haohao. He's still too small to understand but his mother's death had transformed Haohao more than he had let on. So, me and Zhiruo's mother will come here from time to time to take care of her and tried our best to make her feel the taste of a mother's love. Though we know that it's not the same, but we should at least try." There's a crack between her voices.

"She leaved behind her heart was for you to live your live to the fullest too. It's your turn now. Live your life that was what she wants you to do."

--------------- 빠삐용 ------------------

Jingyu pulled his car to a stop in the garage, beside the house. He turned down the volume and killed the car's engine. He looked back at Yuhao, who was already fast asleep in the baby seat at the back, maybe already too tired from playing with all his friends at the playground just now. It's already been their routine to go to the park on every weekend morning, to have a picnic so Yuhao could play with his kindergarten friends. And he would continue doing the same routine even though his wife already left them from this world. Yuhao deserved all the happiness he could get. He should not punish Yuhao, only because of the deep grief in his heart cause by Zhiruo's death. At least bit by bit, he needs to begin to pick up the pieces of his life again, so Yuhao would be able to grow up and become a fine man despite what had happened in their life.