Chapter 8

The next day I got up and had breakfast with America, I went down to the kitchen and saw him sitting there with his food on the table.

"Why aren't you eating it?" I chuckled as I pulled a chair to sit down. I immediately started to dig into the pancakes,

"Well uh I was waiting for you to come down," he grabbed his fork and stabbed the pancake. "You make it sound like you have a crush on me," I laughed clearly not being serious.

America nervously laughed as he took a bite of his food. He was oddly silent for a few minutes, "Hey what's up with you today? First you act like you have a crush on me then you give me the silent treatment," I squinted at him. He shrugged it off and continued eating, "What's Britain like?" I asked him.

"He's.. a busy person...."

"He's a real tea addict and has a thing for corgi's, I have no idea why,"

"Sounds.. about right," I joked, he laughed a little at my joke which made me happy.

After we finished up our pancakes, we cleaned up and I went to get my stuff that'll be bringing over to Britain's place. I managed to store them all in a fairly large backpack but I didn't bring everything of course. I slung my backpack on my shoulder and met America downstairs, he wasn't paying attention because he was on his phone so I lightly tap his shoulder which made him jolt. "Don't scare we like that!" He whined, "Were you THAT off guard? You're so easy to mess around with!" I chuckled. America blushed at my statement, he swiftly looked away while his face burned a bright red color. "Lets just get going," he mumbled as he pushed the front door open, I could still see his face a slight redish color. Why does he always blush around me? Did I embarrass him too much? Not that it matters anyway.

As soon as America started driving I sparked up a conversation to make sure he wasn't mad at me for before or anything. "So uh any tips to keep in mind while I stay at Britain's?" I fidgeted with my fingers and slightly glance at him. America grimaced when I said 'stay at Britain's' I didn't understand why. "W-well if he's in a bad mood you shouldn't bother him but you can get him to calm down with some tea, he's very overprotective too," America reluctantly explained. I was guessing he knew this much because Britain used to abuse him, I wanted to tell him Britain regrets ever abusing him and his brothers but I caught myself before I said anything.

Soon we arrived at a familiar British house, America gestured me to enter while he held the front door open for me. Britain was sitting in the armchair next to the fireplace reading the newspapers. I waved at him and he waved back, Britain stood up and subtly placed his newspapers on the coffee table. He proceeded to dust his lap and walk over to us, "Well Hello (Y/N) and America," Britain smiled at us. "Come follow me and I'll show you to your room," Britain very politely gestures me to follow him. I do what he says and he takes me to a guest room on the first floor, "I'll let you sort your things, I need to talk to America about something," and so Britain leaves me to sort my things out in my room.

I got really curious and a bit worried about America to be honest, so I went and hid behind a wall so I could hear their conversation. "Oh please, I've known you for the longest time to know you don't want them to leave," Britain said slightly annoyed. "I know i'm selfish for not wanting to trust them to anyone other than myself but I can't stop this feeling, I'm sorry," America sighed in guilt. They kept mentioning this person, I wonder who it is to be able to make America feel that way. "Well I hope you get your feelings sorted out because you shouldn't become like how Japan is obsessed with you," Britain groaned.

"Japan changed dad, he told me he would stop chasing after me because he found someone else that has quite interested him," I could hear America lean against the wall. "He stopped chasing you? Are you bloody serious?" Britain said in disbelief, I could only assume America nodded because Britain then said "Bloody hell, when did it happen?" "After the hang out with (Y/N) the other day," America replied. There was a silence, "They must be impressive to be able to change Japan like that, I wonder how they did it," Britain chimed in sounding interested. "Beats me, I'm just happy he stoped chasing after me," America replied with a sigh. "Don't you think theres a high chance Japan might've fallen for them too, considering the timing of the events, aren't you a little worried Japan might steal yo-" "S-SHUT UP DAD I DON'T LIKE THEM!" America shouted clearly flustered.

"A-anyway see you later at the meeting," America muttered loudly and stormed out the door.

"That kid is so funny sometimes what am I going to do with him," Britain laughed to himself, I quietly retreat into my room to think about what had just happened.

Apparently America and Japan has started liking a person, I wonder who, beats me though it's none of my business in the first place. I sigh and collapse on the bed, although it's pretty impressive for the person to be able to change Japan considering he would go Yandere mode for America.

My thoughts were interrupted by Britain knocking on my door, "Come in!" I said as I pick myself up. Britain slowly opened to door and stood in the doorway, "We have a meeting later about your arrival since not all the Countries know about it yet and we need to discuss a few things regarding your life with us now, you are expected to come (Y/N)," Britain adjusted his monocle. "Yeah okay," I muttered as I walked past Britain to explore the rest of the house, but before that I accidentally tripped and fell over. "Watch out (Y/N)!" I could hear him shout as he caught me in his arms, I could feel my face heat up as I pushed myself away from him. "Y-yeah t-thanks," I stammered, "Are you always this clumsy?" Britain asked worriedly. "Y-yeah its just a t-trait of mine," I slurred refusing to look him in the face out of embarrassment.

"Did you hurt yourself? Do you need to skip the meeting? Are you going to fall aga-"

"B-britain I'm fine! Thanks for worrying about me but I think I'll be fine," America wasn't exaggerating when he said Britain was overprotective. I still couldn't mutter up the courage to look him in the face, "T-thanks for saving me though, I'll go to the meeting later don't worry, i'll just go explore the house now," I said as I walked away as fast as I could. I quickly climbed up the stairs and opened the nearest door, I slammed the door shut and sat down with my back pressed against the door. How can he be so calm about that?? Is he THAT dense?? (A/N : you're the dense one here not him) After a few minutes of silence I finally decided to analyse the room i'm in.

The room's lights weren't on but there was a window, I waited for my eyes to adjust to the light before I stood up and started exploring. The room seemed to be an office, it was very tidy and there was a desk in the middle. There was a world map on the table that had layers of dust on it, I subtly trace my fingers on the dusty map where red circles were drawn. Next to the map I noticed a picture of his family, France, America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. They seemed happy, what could've made Britain divorce with France? there were layers of dust on the picture too, it seemed this room hadn't been used in awhile. Oh shit I'm in this room without permission I should get out, I very quietly open the door and exit the office just in time, just a few seconds later Britain came upstairs. "The meeting is about to start, we should get going,"

"It seems you've calmed down, I was worried you were mad at me or something of that sort,"

"O-oh don't worry about that, I was just a bit surprised,"

"Thank goodness, we should get going now," Britain said as he climbed down the stairs. I soon followed him to his car, I climbed in and we drove off to the meeting. It was around a 10 minute drive to get there, when we did I stood in front of the building in awe, the building was huge and tall. It was like a skyscraper! It was also very beautiful, we got into the elevator and Britain pressed the level 5 button, I kept that in mind. Soon we heard a loud Ding! and the elevator doors open to show a hallway with a large door in middle, we walked over to the large door and stood in front of it for what felt like hours.

"Are you ready?"

——————————————————————————
(A/N) : Oh god I'm cringing at how dense she is, also if you decided to read this so get ready for some ship and cringe. aLsO sToP sAYiNg tHiS iS unDeRtAlE, I've never been in the fandom. If the endings seem similar to something then I might've been inspired without knowing, idk so uh don't sue me for it Thanks.
-Soya-