Chapter 23: My Knight

"Why do you keep telling me you love me anyway? It's not funny to tell jokes like that to people you know? I mean, what if they'll believe you and you'll end up hurting them?" I asked, straightly looking in his eyes.

"When I say I love you, I mean it. No joke. It's the truth. I'm not playing. I'm tired. I love you because you're funny, honest, beautiful and you're you. I'm so happy when I'm around you. I feel like I can do whatever I want. I feel light. It's funny, when I knew you and my brother were together, I was so angry at myself. I was confused too. Questions started forming on my mind.... Questions like 'Why didn't I grab the chance when I had it?', 'Why is she so happy when she's with him?', 'Why is my heart beating fast when I see her?', 'Why does she affect me so much?'. I thought I'll never love again... because if I do, I might end up getting hurt sometime. But I was wrong. I was so wrong. Because you were there..."

All of what he just said was so sincere. I am so speechless.

"You won't say anything?" He smiled

"A-Am I suppose to say something?"

"I guess." He shrugged

"I'm dreaming right?"

"Nope." He shook his head "Do you want me to kiss you to prove that you're awake?"

"No, thanks."

"Well?"

Someone save me please. Anyone?

I sighed. I guess I have to tell him my feelings.

Until my phone rang "Excuse me, I have to take this." I answered the phone.

"Hey Ashley."

I heard a familiar voice from the other side of the line.

"It's me, Ken."

I'm hanging up. I regret answering the phone.

"Before you do that, please listen to me." His voice was so full of sadness and guilt so I hesitated.

I didn't say anything. I just waited for him to say something.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I did to make you hate me. I'm sorry for lying. You have all the right to despise me for the rest of your life because I'm the one at fault. I'm sorry for breaking up with you. It was the most stupid thing a sane man can do. Thank you for making me happy when we were still together. I want you to have something. Please meet me at the park, 7 pm. I'll be waiting." Then he hung up.

My jaw dropped. I am so confused right now. Why is he doing this? Why now?

I checked the time and it's already 6:04 then someone knocked. I opened the door and saw Uncle Steven. He looks so tired but a smile was still there in his face.

"Hi Ashley. I came to pick up Sky. Sorry if-"

"It's okay. I had fun. Please come in." I smiled whole heartedly.

"Where is he?" He asked

"Oh. He's sleeping there." I pointed the direction where Sky is, forgetting that Chris is still there.

"I see you have a guest."

"I'm Christian, sir." I saw him stand up and offered a hand shake.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Ashley's uncle."

"So, I'm off to go. Thanks for taking care of him. I'll return the favor anytime. Just call me. Nice meeting you again Chris." Uncle carried Sky at his arms and before leaving he winked at me. What's that suppose to mean?

"The pleasure is all mine. Have a safe trip, sir." Chris waved as Uncle's car drove away.

"I have to go so you have to go too."