the pier

"Again, Y/N?" Michelle sighed, without even trying to cover up the growing smirk teasing at the corners of her smile. Arms pulled in tight around your shivering body, you peaked up at her through the loose strands that had fallen out of your flowing ponytail.

Michelle slid across the board, inching closer as your feet dangled off the edge of the pier. She moved close enough that your thighs brushed up against each other, a tinge of warmth spread from the spot but you needed more than that.

Your lips turned downward in a pout, pleading with her to wrap you up in her skinny arms. She tipped her head forward in a precious giggle, placing her thumb over the top of your bottom lip. Without really noticing, you crawled closer to her, swinging a leg over the top of her as her hands cradled your chin. Michelle, despite how unaffected she pretended to be, couldn't hide the way her palms got clammy and her hands trembled when you were near.

Soon you were in her lap, and you slipped your hands around her frame, finally settling on her back. Michelle tossed her thin, black cotton sweater over your shoulders, pulling on the edges of the sleeves to bring you in tighter to her chest. Strands of her messy brunette curls tangled with yours, trapping you into her embrace but you didn't mind.

Michelle made everything brighter, everything a bit warmer; she was your comfort blanket. You pulled up to her side, whispering in her ear like you were revealing a secret, even though you've said it a thousand times.

"I love you, MJ."