🎬Chapter 6🎬

"They seem to like this building, don't they?" Sam chuckled; she shot one dead then another.

"I wonder why." Harry was getting a bad vibe from everything; the place had the faintest smell of fish and he tried to figure out why.

"Hey, want to give it a try?" Sam tied her long wavy blonde hair up before slapping a cap over it.

"Sure."

"You see that anchor there?"

"Hmm... Oh, yeah. I see it. It's on the beer sign." He squinted his eyes as he turned the gun towards the now copper colored anchor.
"I bet if you hit it on the right spot it'll fall off." The young woman cranked the gun before shifting it over to him.

He aimed and pulled the trigger, the gun had a similar backlash to his shot gun but it was a bit weaker. He admired it so much he really didn't aim at all.

"Hey! Not bad. It almost fell off." She chucked his shoulder.

"Okay, okay... I'll admit, you're better than me." He smirked before having an idea. "But I have one game that you won't be able to beat me at"~He winked before reaching into his back pocket.~ "So.... what do you say? Want to play a game?"

"Depends. What do you have in mind?" Sam smiled, twisting her pink lips.

Greg paced around the empty room, sweat dripping down his forehead. He took long breaths trying to relieve himself from the panic attack he was facing. He then took a seat on the floor and held his badge in his hand. Why did the box only have one thing? What did it mean? He closed his eyes and sighed, leaning his head back. There was a note on his father's will stating that he had to get married before he could get what was inside the safe deposit box. He had to get married before 18th December, 2021. It didn't make any sense. He felt the need to fix this.

"He knew this was coming." He murmured to himself. He must've studied the dates. He knew exactly when the moon would out the damn sun... but why? Why has nothing happened to Hailey, her name was on the list, right? I saw it there... so why hasn't she mentioned anything about that? He looked down at his hands and clenched his fists, flinching in pain from the wound; a slight knock caught his attention "What do you want?"

"Are... are you okay?" Her eyes dropped to his hands; her face, a worried look.

"I'm fine, Hailey." He growled, shoving his hand in his pocket and turning away. "What do you want?"

"I'm sorry..." She swayed, making her way over to him; Hailey sat down beside him. "He saved me, you know? Your dad... I was on the train."

"You weren't on the train." He snickered, turning to her. "You would've said something."

"Here." She grabbed his hand and took out a tissue, wiping away the blood from it. She explained the untold story of their past and what led to the death of his father, their fathers.

"What did you do?!?" Dr Stone looked around at the scattered pieces of wet paper. He looked up at the man standing infront of him with a girl at his hand and a lighter in the other~ "You wouldn't dare!" He warned, glaring at him in disgust. "Let my daughter go."

The train chugged then horned, alerting them they were now entering a tunnel. Swoosh! Woot, woot, woot, woot! It made as the train flew into the tunnel. The rails caused the train to shake and tumble as the conversation went on.

"You said you tried the serum on her."Greg Senior explained.

"I did, what does she have to do with this?" He held on to one chair after another, inching up to him.

"Well, she was kind enough to let me test her... when I did, I found out she had none of it in her." He grinned.

"What did you do, Calliver?"

"I did what you didn't want to do, Stone. I found a cure." Dr. Calliver turned the lock of the train door. He flicked the lighter as a warning before taking a deep breath."Take one step closer and this thing goes off."

Stone could smell the gas around him, he looked at the closed windows. There was no way he could get out of here or save his daughter.

He tried to convince him in hopes he would stop. "A cure? Th-That's good, Doctor. Let's discuss this over some scotch, shall we?"

"I didn't want to do this, Stone but you left me no choice."

The horn went off again and with that, Greg pushed the teen out the door and quickly closed it. She tumbled and rolled down the steep hills. A tree put the girl to a halt but the price she paid was that of a broken arm. She wept as she watched the train disappear before obtaining a blurry view. Her head went around and around until she happened to notice train fragments falling from the sky, then it was lights out.

"He didn't try to kill you, he saved you?"

"I know... I was... angry at first, he killed my father. I wanted nothing to do with him."

"Even if it meant leaving me?" He said bluntly then sighed. 'I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

"Look, I don't blame you for any of this. Dr. Calliver; he went insane trying to right a wrong and my dad, he only wanted the money. He didn't want anything else."

"Ugh." Greg ran his finger through his hair, nodding as he bit his knuckle. He turned to her and asked with cloudy eyes. "Why didn't I see it? Why can't I see it now? Something's, Something's missing. My father's trying to tell me something and I-I don't know what it is but I'm here now... and you..." His words trailed along as he stared at her, he looked down at her hand in his. After the moment passed, he quickly contracted his hand before rubbing the back of his head, getting up. "We, uh, we need to fix this. Fast. Because we don't know what'll happen in the next few hours. We need get out of here before they shut the state down."

Hailey thought about it for a second~ "Y-you're right." She cleared her throat, holding her elbows before reaching her hand out and grabbing his to stand.

"Let's get on it then."