Mia Hernandez

8/30/20

I threw up blood today. Not an alarming amount just little speckles. Jay is always outside now soaking up the sun, playing, or picking apples from the trees. He’s gotten so rebellious, always trying to stay outside beyond his bedtime, I scolded him on that but he’s as stubborn as me. He’ll stomp his feet, but after he’s burned out, he’ll trudge into the house sulking like I’ll change my mind.

9/2/20

This must be equivalent to terrible twos! Mrs. Stanes granddaughter, Bobby Jean, came to visit with her mom while Jay and I were present. That girl is sourly spoiled. She cried so much and had a hissy fit until she got what she wanted. By the time she left Jay had absorbed every single mannerism from her. He asked to go play outside in the dark and when I told him no he screamed, cried, and flailed his arms. I was so embarrassed. When we got home, I sent him to time out, and he wept there for the whole fifteen minutes. I couldn’t tell if the tears were real or genuine, I still hugged him after.

9/4/20

Jazis sang. A haunting melody which brought tears to my eyes. I asked him where he learned the song from and he told me the forest sings it to him. I got chills from that. I don’t want him anywhere near the forest after sunset.

9/10/20

I found a couple of greys in my hair today and I feel weak. I think I’ll have to go to the town’s medical center. Jazis is nine. I’ve built the age system based on how old he looks. He’s slimming out, and he’s growing so tall, he comes to my collar bone now. He whines every day about the growing pain and scratches at his back until the skin peels. There’s a transparent shimmer material under his skin. I think it might be wings. Might.