Special Episode: 8

Kai'Sa linked the karaoke machine to the TV and turned it on. The TV screen was now filled with a menu screen with a search bar that made me think of a party room filled with the lights from the disco ball and loud music.

Now, I could see it more clearly. The buttons that were attached to it weren't actually buttons. They were button icons on a digital screen. Some digital buttons had English and Korean letters on them while others had other things like an on/off button, cancel button, enter button, and etc. Plus, there were two mics attached on both sides of the machine.

The machine itself looked like a console, slick, and smooth-looking. It didn't have speakers for some reason. Plus, it was a little bit bigger than an Xbox console.

"It's newly-released portable karaoke machine," Kai'Sa explained, "it needs to be linked to the TV to use it."

"Isn't this made by Jayce Technologies?" I asked while remembering an advertisement on the TV that I watched a week ago.

"Yep," Kai'Sa said. Then she pulled one of the mics off the side of the machine and handed it to me, taking me off-guard. "Why don't you sing first?"

"Yeah," Ahri purred while pulling my right ear with her hand, "I really want to hear your voice."

"I . . . umm . . ." I stuttered and looked nervously around while holding the mic with both of my hands, trying hard to make an excuse to get out of this situation when all four K-pop artists were staring at me expectedly. Plus, it was hard to make ideas when one of them was head-locking me. "I-I'm not—"

"We won't laugh at you if you're bad at singing," Evelynn told me.

I looked at Evelynn and met her cool gaze. She had tipped her head to stare at me from over her purple sunglasses. Suddenly, I realized something. When Evelynn dragged me to her sports car, I was scared out of my mind. But when we were playing that game and Evelynn was preparing to execute the penalty on me, I was slightly scared of her. My usual self would've run away while screaming like crazy when she was about to slap my back, but I didn't.

Why?

Did my mind get comfortable with her after the 'talk' that took place in her sports car? I asked myself.

Ahri, who was still head-locking me, started to chant.

"Sing! Sing! Sing!"

And before I knew it, the other three started to chant after her.

How did I find myself in this situation . . . ? I asked myself while I wildly looked around, which was hard because of Ahri's head-lock. I just wanted to sleep!

"F-Fine!" I finally surrendered. "I'll sing."

They cheered.

"So, what's the title of the song that you want to sing?" Kai'Sa asked while preparing to use the buttons on the screen.

I gulped. "New Divide."

"Linkin Park, eh?" Akali raised an eyebrow at me.

"Lived as a man, died as a legend." Evelynn commented.

"Sang like an angel, screamed like a demon," I answered.

"What does that mean?" Kai'Sa asked curiously while typing the title on the machine.

"Tribute to the lead singer," I said. "B-By the way, should I stand up and sing or—?"

Ahri uncurled her arm from my neck and smiled cheekily at me while pushing me upwards from the sofa for me to stand.

"Stand up it is."

I was really nervous. Never in my life did I sing in front of other people. Especially in front of celebrities.