Chapter 11: So obvious

James

James was annoyed. It had been a week since Remus and Sirius started acting weird and he still didn't have a clue about what was going on. But it was something. And James Potter was curious as fuck and determined to find out what it was. That's why he, exactly seven days after the incident, talked to his girlfriend about it. James was very smart, yeah, but he needed another perspective and who was better than Lily? He looked at Lily who was sitting in the common room, reading. James really didn't understand why she read voluntary but that wasn't why he was here. He walked over to her.
"Lily?" He said.
"Hi love, what's up?" She looked up at him and smiled. Her smile was beautiful, she was so beautiful, with her green eyes and..- No he had to stop. He had more important things to do.
"Can I ask you a question?" He said.
"Of course, shoot." Lily looked at him.
"Have you noticed anything weird about Sirius and Remus lately?" James asked, Lily started laughing.
"Why are you laughing??" He asked. She just kept laughing. Why? What was so funny? He really didn't get it.
"Lily!" He said.
"Sorry Jamie, it's just-" she started laughing again "it's so obvious."
"What's obvious?" What was she talking about?

"Haven't you seen how they look at each other?" They look at each other? There is nothing special about how they look at each other. Not that he had noticed at least.
"Ehm..no..?" He said. Lily looked at him, sceptical.
"Sirius staring at Remus all day long, passing notes to him in class and then stupidly grin and blush when Remus goes all red and smiles at him. Sirius laying in Remus' lap listening to him reading and the heart eyes, Sirius Black's heart eyes are so obvious. Remus going all red whenever Sirius passes him a note, or whenever he is around actually, but he still calms down you know. He can be very..special sometimes, frustrated and annoyed by everybody but then Sirius enters the room and it all disappear. How he reads to Sirius and share his chocolate with him. Remus Lupin doesn't share his chocolate with anybody. How they look at each other. How they fucking flirt with each other and thinks no one notices. How they, when they think no one is around, hold hands. They do it under the table in the great hall too." James just looked at her. She was right. She was right about everythjing. He had noticed all those things. But what did it- it couldn't. No. That-shit.

"Oh Merlin- you don't think...? but-how-why? it doesn't make sense.." He said.
"Honey it makes a lot of sense, if you think about it. They have always been close. The reason Sirius gets all flustered sometimes, that's always when Remus is around. The reason Remus always get red about everything? That's because Sirius is there." She said. And she was right. Again. How could James have been so stupid? It was so obvious. They were so obvious. His best friends were so fucking obvious.
"They are madly in love with each other." He said. It wasn't a question anymore, it was a statement.
"Yeah, they are." Lily said, "I thought you knew..they haven't told you about it?"
"No..they haven't..." James couldn't help but feel a little hurt by that.. " They haven't told me anything.."

Sirius

Sirius was so happy. So fucking happy. He was together with Remus Lupin. And Remus was amazing. He was sweet and smart and funny and adorable and a total dork. But he was so much more than Sirius had realized before. He was..shy..but also..jealous..and he was very..when he wanted something he got it.. and he was not afraid of taking charge. He never really kissed Sirius first in the start of their relationship, but when they kissed he was sure of himself. But after a while Remus started kissing Sirius pretty much whenever they were alone. That had led to a lot of snogging sections in empty classrooms... But Sirius wouldn't lie, he loved it. He loved how Remus showed another side...that was sure of what it wanted. A jealous side, because hell Remus got jealous. Whenever someone flirted with Sirius, Remus basically looked like he wanted to kill the person. And Sirius loved it, more than he would ever admit.

James was staring at them. Sirius could feel it. It was seven days after the day he and Remus got together. A week. They had been together for a week. Sirius had been up very early that morning, went and got the chocolate that he hid in the kitchen to give to his boyfriend along with a book. What he didn't expect, was to get something back. But Remus is Remus, and of course he had bought Sirius something, self inking quill and chocolate. The chocolate was what shocked Sirius the most, Remus haven't even tasted it. When he said that to Remus he only shrugged and said "Well it's our one week anniversary and..well I love you more than chocolate.." and then Sirius had smiled at him, big and kissed him. Because that made him so fucking happy, Remus love him MORE then he love chocolate. Now they were just sitting there, in the library. Remus was helping Sirius study. Sirius didn't really listen, he was busy admiring his handsome boyfriend. James had been staring at them for a while now from behind a bookshelf.

"Jamie?? What are you doing?" Sirius asked.
"Just..looking for..a book.." James said. Sirius looked at him, something was up. He knew his best friend, James didn't hang out in the library, and he definitely wouldn't look after a book for 10 minutes straight without getting someone to help him.
"You have been standing there for at least 10 minutes.." Sirius said.
"Yes! Ehm...I can't find it..." James was definitely acting weird.
"Should I help you?" Remus asked.
"Nah, I'm all good." James answered.
"No, I can help." Remus said as he stood up and walked over to James.
"Its okay, really." James seemed..nervous...
"Just tell me the name of the book."
They kept arguing but Sirius didn't really listen. He was thinking. A little about Remus' handsome body and how good he looked, and his ass- oh merlin. But mostly about how something was up with Jamie. He had been acting weird all day. James was pretty much always weird but now he was really weird. He was in the library for god's sake. And he stuttered, James Potter could fool anyone with his excuses, but not now apparently..What the hell was wrong with him?