Abigail

I ran my slender fingers through her red locks. Her lips pressed against mine. She wrapped her freckled legs around my waist.
'I love you', she breathed into my mouth.
'I love you too Molly.' I groaned as she pushed me against the wall.

                                            ***

I slowly opened my eyes to the morning sun, slithering under my eyelids. I glanced to my right, there was no trace of Molly in my bed.
I put on my blue dress, Molly's favourite, and left the tent. I was greeted by a kiss on the cheek from John, he didn't seem to notice me hesitate to return the favour.
I gave him a weak smile, and walked off, dragging my feet in the warm grass.

All of a sudden I was taken off guard by a tiny figure lunging at me.
'Jack! You can't do that you'll give your mother a heart attack' John laughed.
'Momma I got you a gift!' I looked into my boys soft eyes as he pulled a yellow flower from behind his back and put it behind my ear.
'That's so sweet of you Jack. Now go see your father.' I smiled at him, and stood up.

My eye was drawn to a familiar sight. The most beautiful woman in camp, wearing her usual emerald and gold dress. I swear Molly got more gorgeous as the days passed.
She gestured for me to join her, I glanced around, not that anyone would think suspiciously of two good 'friends'.
However one would question that friendship if they saw her placing her palm on my back and pulling me in for a kiss.
'Molly,' I hissed, ' you know we can't do this here!'
'Why?' She sighed, letting go of me.
'You know why, we both have men, I have a son, we're women for Christ's sake! Do you know what would happen to us?'
'I know, I know,' she retreated, defeated.
'Hey, one day we'll move to an island where nobody will ever know,' I caressed her hand as she gave me a weak smile.
'We can only dream, Abigail.'