Chapter one

The day had started off as it normally would, Camila woke up with back pains again, because why not.

After getting a quick bath at the homeless center she decided to go out for a walk, her pregnancy belly was showing more and more now, as she was 6 months pregnant now.

She still didn't know what she was going to name her child, but she knew it was a girl, they had told her at the hospital a few days ago (as she couldn't afford to pay for appointments, she waited for the day where they'd do free check ups for people of the 'lower class')

And she was thrilled, the brunette had known she wanted her baby to be a little girl since she had decided she wanted to keep it.

Now, all she was doing was looking for was a name. Nobody had ever told her that naming things or people in this case, was really hard. Like really fucking hard. Of course, Camila has thought of different names; but none really sticks out. Camila, consumed by her thoughts didn't she the teenage boy that had stopped right in front of her, that caused her to crash into him.

"Wow, girl. Be careful" the brown eyed boy told her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't see you there" she replied and gave him a small smile, hoping he didn't get mad.

"Yeah, I can see that. But don't worry everything is fine. I'm not hurt, are you hurt?" The taller boy asked her.

"No worries I'm fine. I'm Camila by the way"

"Nice to meet you Camila, I'm Shawn," the sweet boy smiled and held out his hand. "Are you from around here?" She took his much bigger hand in hers and shook it.

"You could say so, were you at work?" The girl signaled to the restaurant they we standing in front of.

"Yeah, I was but a just got out. Wanna go and sit down or something. You seem like you really need it?" Shawn said, as he started to walk towards the park that was just a few feet away.

"Yeah, sure, lets go" Camila didn't seem to think of the young boy as a threat, especially because he was really nice and seemed kind.

They reached the park and sat down on a bench.

"So, Camila. Let's start with basics.
How old are you?" The boy asked, as he looked down to her protruding belly.

"I'm fourteen,"That seemed to leave the boy a bit stunned. "How old are you?" He smiled a little.

"I'm sixteen. Where's, you know, where's it's dad?" He asked, shyly. As he didn't know if he was intruding or not.

"Her. The baby. it's a her. Oh, well, he didn't want the responsibility so he left. Or, well, let me rephrase that. I left him," the brunette gave him a small smile and continued. "He wanted me to get an abortion and I just couldn't, so I left."

The boy turned to look at her, and as he looked at her, he realized there was something wrong.

"What do you mean 'you left'?"

The girl turned to look straight ahead, and as she did so, she gulped. Could she really trust this boy? Was he going to tell anybody? He probably would, and she didn't want to go back. She didn't want to get separated from her little girl.

"Uhhh, never mind. I should probably go back." The girl made a move to stand up, but Shawn held her back.

"Wait, Camila. I can help, I swear I won't tell anyone. I just wanna help you" he stated as he tried to get the brown eyed girl to stay. She relented as she sat down again.

"Uhhh, Fine. I hope you're ready for a long ass fucking story." Camila said and looked at him, as Shawn smiled.
"Of course m'am, I love stories." He laughed a little and motioned for her to continue.

"So, when I was four my parents died. I had been on foster care ever since. I hated it.
One day, when I started high school I met this boy, Harry, he was the sweetest and funniest green eyed boy I've had met.

We became best friends, a few weeks into the year, he asked me to be his girlfriend, I, of course said yes.

We dated for a few months when one day he came to my foster house during the night and asked me if I wanted to run away with him.

I thought I loved him so I agreed, we came here, to California.

We didn't have somewhere to live, but Harry got a job and we could afford a little room.

One night he came home and asked me to prove to him that I loved him. So I did.

A few weeks later, I found out that I was pregnant.

When I told him, he said he didn't want a child and that I could either leave or get an abortion.

I considered an abortion for a week, until I decided I couldn't do it and left," she stopped for a few seconds to catch her breath and saw Shawn looking at her as if expecting for her to continue.
"So, I didn't have anywhere to go. And after walking for a while I found this homeless center and went there. I've been living there ever since."
Shawn looked a bit stunned, but not grossed out like most people were when she told them at the Center.

"Well, I don't know what to say. I'm a bit shocked to be honest, but I can assure that I think everything will be fine. I'll help you out. So, how far along are you?" He asked, and grinned. "I don't know if this might sound weird or something, but can I touch your belly? I've seen many people doing it and I don't know what is the cool thing about that."
"I'm twenty seven weeks," Shawn looked at her, puzzled. "Six months. And yes, I don't see why not." She laughed.

He gave her a small grin and held out his hand tentatively, but quickly retracted it. Camila, seeing the doubt written all over his face, grabbed his hand and placed it over her belly. A few seconds later, they felt a little kick. Camila laughed, while Shawn just looked surprised.

"Wow, she just kicked. Did you feel that? That's so cool," Camila laughed at Shawn's excitement. The baby kicked again, a bit hard at that.
"Wowowowo, again? Did you feel that?"

"I'm pretty sure I did Shawn, she's inside me so"
"Oh. Right." The brown eyed boy blushed. "Have you thought any names?"
"I have, actually. But none of them stick out." The brunette sighed at that.
"Maybe I can help you?" The teen offered. "If you'd like that."
"Sure. Let's do it."

"So, first name: Rose."
"Nah, to many people named Rose."
"Sabrina?"
"Are you serious?"
"Fine. Colette?"
"Hummm, kind of like it"
"Okay, that's one win. Alexa?"
"No"
"Diana?"
"No, thank you"
"Barbara?"
"Eww, gross. What's that?" (No offense to any Barbaras out there)
"Yeah, that's not it. Jade?"
"Kinda yes, kinda no"
"You're impossible, girl"
"Well, it's not your child we're naming"
"True. Michelle?"
"I like it for her middle name, maybe"
"Good. Evelyn?"
"Evelyn Michelle, are you kidding?"
"Uhhh, no?"

Just then they heard someone scream "Loren, get back here." Shawn smiles and looks at Camila, giving her a face eating grin.

"How about 'Lauren Michelle'? Spelled with an 'a and u' instead of an 'o'?" The young boy saw how Camila smiled.

"Yes, that's perfect. I love it," The brown eyed girl placed a hand on her belly as she spoke to the baby. "Lauren Michelle, do you like it?" The baby gave a little kick and moved a little. "I think she likes it."

They both smiled.

"Ohh, look. It's late. Wanna go and eat something?" Shawn asked.

"No, it's okay. I don't want to be a bother."

"I promise you're not, come on. Let's go."

Camila looked at him.

"I don't have any money to pay for it. Maybe let's just not."

"I'll invite you-" Camila interrupted him "no, you don't have to."

"I want to, and I can. Please let me do this for you...and for baby Lauren."

"Fine, lets go"
-
Sooo, that's the first chapter. I hope you enjoyed.
Thanks for reading.
Peace out ✌🏻