~°|Chapter Five|°~

~

As Sherman futilely attempted to converse with you twin sister and establish a healthier connection, Penny only rolled her eyes and flipped locks of her voluminous blonde hair over her shoulder, continuing to dramatically swipe her fingertip across the screen of her phone and purposely ignoring Sherman in her usual impolite, difficult, and derogatory behaviour. She was still sitting in the yellow spinning chair and spun herself around, her back now facing Sherman. You sat a few feet away from the two and watched the scene unfold in complete silence, sitting crisscrossed on Sherman's bed covered with dark blue duvets. Your forearms connected to sprawled out fingers leaned back onto the bed. You gently effused a sigh as you swiped a hand across the soft surface of the bed. The warm and coarse mattress sunk underneath your weight, and you almost wanted to unceremoniously lay down and become engulfed by the warming embrace of his queen-sized bed and envelop yourself within the sheets.

You looked around the wonders of Sherman's huge room bursting with color and young exuberance. His room was a bit messy and kept untidy, but honestly, it fitted the fun and lively aesthetic of the atmosphere in his room. Your eyes scanned over all the drawing, photographs and paintings strung on the walls, all the trinkets and toys displayed around, occasional scientific equipment like microscopes, Emory chemical tubes and glasses a telescope placed by the window, shiny golden and silver trophies, valuables, rare plants, a big collection of rocks and minerals on shelves by the bedroom door, and the many, many books ranging from a variety of various cultures, languages, and genres. There was so much in his room- so much to see and do, as if it was a wonderland. Penny might not have been amazed by his room, but you sure as heck were. You wished to stay in here a lot longer, just meandering around and seeing all there was to see. His room was mesmerizing and you wished to explore more, but you were a guest and you weren't going to snoop through Sherman's stuff without his consent first.

Perhaps later when this whole thing blows over, you could gain enough courage to ask Sherman if the two of you could hang out in his room. Just doing what kids would do- play with each other and have a joyful time. The idea seemed fun in your opinion, and you hoped that Sherman would accept. All you wanted to have was a well-bonded friendship with someone, and Sherman appeared to be the perfect match. Judging from the short amount of time the two of you have gotten to know each other, and just from gazing around the wonders of his room, the two of you had a lot in common.

Once again, Sherman endeavoured to strike up a discussion with your sister, but she was still not showing any signs of interest and continued to be her typical self-centred, bratty self and texted her friends instead of having a conversation with the friendly boy. Sherman rotated his head around towards you and flashed you a frustrated look; teeth bared in annoyance and eyebrows furrowed together. Basically saying that she was impossible just from his face. You shrugged your shoulders, shaking your head from side to side as if saying to not bother with Penny. Though Sherman wasn't going to give up that easily, and you could distinguish it in his expression ridden with determination. However, he started trekking over towards you and slumped down beside you.

The close proximity you were to each other caused the slightest blush to blossom onto your features. Being close to anyone and holding a social interaction with someone that wasn't apart your family usually ended up in you blushing; it was a curse you've suffered with for a long time. You blushed lightly when someone looked in your direction, you blushed brightly when someone unexpectedly started a conversation with you, you blushed hardcore when you were asked to give out textbooks in class. Sometimes it wasn't even a cute and light blush that complimented your features, it was usually a deep shade of crimson that profusely spread throughout your entire face and made you resemble a tomato. It only deepened in its color when someone would point out this flaw of yours- especially when it happened at school or somewhere else in a packed public place and it was Penny who would be pointing out your blushing face.