Chapter 9

When I got back to the communications tent I realized I missed our morning meeting with the Ark. I could hear Raven refusing to give any info about us. "Raven we are the ones in charge." Jaha said.

"Actually, Clarke is in charge. You will get your questions answered when she gets back." I could hear her working on something while she was talking.

"How much longer is she going to be? We are not accustomed to waiting on the whims of a child." He said. I could hear the irritation in his voice which made me giggle. He could use a good dose of humility.

"She'll be here when she gets here and not before."

"I'm here." I said and walked through the tent. I sat down in front of the monitor. "Shall we begin." I said knowing it would get a rise out of him.

"What was so urgent. It is your job to be here when we are assembled. We do not wait on you." I raised my eyebrows at him.

"I had a meeting with one of the grounder leaders. We agreed to a truce. That conversation was more important than this one. You have your people to lead up there and I have mine. Now before we begin we need to talk about Bellamy Blake."

"It is not your job to negotiate peace on our behalf." I could see the anger in his face. He didn't like anyone usurping his power.

"Actually, it is my job. We have to live with these people. I lead the 100 not you. You sent us to die and we made sure we didn't. Now we have more important things to discuss. Bellamy Blake shot you but he got the gun from someone on the Ark who wants you dead. I'm willing to trade that information for his pardon. He has contributed to the survival of the 100 and should get the same pardon for his crimes as everyone else sent to the ground." Bellamy walked through the tent to stand next to Raven. I could see Raven making sure he stayed quiet and just listened.

"No. He is above 18. The law is clear any crime committed while over the age of 18 is a capital crime." Kane said

"That was while we were on the Ark. We are not there anymore so that law doesn't apply any longer. The choice is yours Chancellor. Which is more important. Punishing a man for protecting his sister or finding the person trying to kill you. They may not stop at you. They may have a different end game." I wouldn't give him the info until he agreed to the pardon in front of the council. Then he wouldn't be able to go back on his word.

"Clarke you do not dictate to me." Jaha said.

"Actually I am. Whether you want to admit it or not we will need the grounders on our side. You will need the 100 to show you how to survive since we have been here longer. I will not give you the information until you agree to uphold the pardons. Not just for Bellamy but for the rest of us as well. You may be the Chancellor but I'm in charge. You can view that however you wish but the fact remains. I'm in charge. Now either you can agree and we can move forward or I'm done talking. We have a lot to do today." I waited. I could see his anger turn to rage. Even before he became Chancellor he didn't like is authority questioned.

"Alright. Bellamy Blake is pardoned for the crime of shooting me. Now who wants me dead." I nodded to Bellamy. He came and sat next to me.

"Shumway set it up. He told me if I didn't shoot you not only would I not get on the dropship, he would make sure my sister died in a tragic accident. I'm sure he has someone else working for him on the ground. I just don't know who that is nor was I willing to take a risk with Octavia's life." Bellamy said honestly. I nodded at him and said he may go. He walked out of the tent leaving me to deal with the council.

"Thank you, Clarke. However, well will deal with your insubordination when I get to the ground."

"Actually, we won't. As I said before I am in charge. When you sent us to the ground, you sent us to die. We survived." Raven came around me.