Chapter 11

I woke to Nyko checking my wound. "The commander asked to see you when you woke." He said as he finished the bandaging. I got ready for the day and went to find Murphy.

"Your mini me is learning how to ride horses." He said watching Charlotte ride at the edge of the village. Tris was yelling instructions while Anya watched. I loved riding in the last life and envied her a bit. There is a freedom there that is hard to find. "How are you doing?" He asked looking at my shoulder.

"Surprisingly well. Nyko knows his stuff and Charlotte showed she has improved greatly over the last few days." I was still giving my attention to Charlotte on her horse.

"What will you do about the broken truce?"

"It isn't broken."

"They tried to kill you Clarke." I looked at him. I didn't realize how angry he was but he let it slip just a bit. I shook my head.

"No, they didn't try to kill me. Anya nor Lexa gave the order to have me killed and they dealt with the assassin when he was found. The truce holds. We will not be the ones to break it." He nodded but I could tell he didn't like my answer. "Thank you for staying and looking after Charlotte."

"You're welcome but I stayed for you." I watched Gustus approach from my left. Murphy slid in between us and wouldn't move for him.

"The commander has requested your presence. She doesn't like to be kept waiting." He stated with a sneer. I touched Murphy on the arm and nodded toward Charlotte. He nodded back leaving me to face Lexa alone.

When I got to her tent Gustus lead me inside. "I don't want to be disturbed unless it's an emergency." After he left she walked toward me and kissed me. I kissed her back until we were both breathless. I went to step back but she wouldn't let me go. "I remember Wanheda. Not everything but enough." I was stunned. She was the first to actually remember not just have déjà vu.

"What do you remember?" I asked. I needed to know.

"I doesn't matter. The missing pieces will fill in over time." She went to kiss me again but I stepped away shaking my head.

"Why?" She asked.

"Lexa, I watched you die because you were with me. I can't go through that again. I need your spirt to stay where it is or we are all dead. You have to hold the coalition together or we will all die. Your people will never except us especially now. The past proves that. They will fight until you are dead and that can't happen. I watched as they turned on you. You died because Titus was trying to kill me and you got in the way. I'm not saying no Lexa, I'm saying not right now. It's not the right time." I was rambling but I couldn't stop. She came closer and wiped the tears off my cheeks. I didn't realize I was crying.

"Clarke, I love you. They will come to except you." I was shaking my head before she even finished.

"No, they won't. Not in time."

"Tell me what you meant when you said we will all die?" She turned and walked away from me.

"I have no proof yet for this time line. There are nuclear bombs that were not launched during Praimfaya. Those bombs are only safe for about 100 years without regular maintenance. It has been 97 years without maintenance. If we don't deal with them or are unable to fix them there will be a wave of nuclear radiation that will wipe out Earth by 97%. Only nightbloods will survive but that is only if we find a safe place to wait out the death wave. Everyone else will die." Lexa turned around gapping at me.

"Are you sure Clarke?" She said walking back toward me.

"As much as I can be right now. When Arkadia gets here there will be a power struggle between me and the Council. I will have Raven start her simulations to be sure and we will get to work. I need you to have complete control of the coalition. If it falls we all fall." I leaned forward resting my forehead on hers.

"What do you need me to do Clarke?"

"I need you to help us when we start dealing with the failing nuclear power plants and when the time comes make us the 13th clan again. It will either be all of us or just my people at the dropship and those who agree to follow me. If we are unable to deal with the power plants then you will need skikru to run the bunker protecting people. Your people will not have the knowledge to do so."

"What about Mt. Weather?" She asked hesitantly.

"I will deal with Mt Weather shortly." I said a bit harshly. I forgave her for her betrayal at the mountain but that didn't mean I've dealt with all of my anger.

"You don't want my help with the mountain." She said in a resigned tone.

"No Lexa, I will not put you in that position again. Once was enough for both of us."

"Clarke, what happened after my death?"

I expected the question. Hell, I would have asked the same thing a lot sooner. "That is a longer conversation then we have time for. I need to get back before my people start to panic. I know they are on edge right now because I was injured. I need to explain about the truce and make sure they understand we will not be breaking it." She rubbed my arms and let me go.

"We will see each other soon Clarke."

"Yes, we will and you will explain how you saved Costia."

She smiled at me and let me go.