Chapter 21

MYOUI MINA

They're hiding something from us... Why?

"Mina... Can I say something?" Sana unnie asked, entering my room.

"What is it unnie?"

"Is it possible to like someone that's only been flirting with you for days?" she asked, fiddling with her fingers.

"I don't know unnie..." I trailed off.

"Oh... I thought you and Chaeng... and stuff..."

"No! I mean, he already likes someone else and I don't even know if he feels the same way. I might just be assuming things." I said, looking down.

"Are you sure he's not flirting with you?" she asked.

"Yes. I'm sure he isn't."

Nice way to hurt yourself Mina...

After I answered her, silence filled my room. And it was the uncomfortable one. I didn't like it and was about to say something when Sana unnie beat me to it.

"Do you have this constant nagging feeling that something's going on with them? Cuz I do." she said.

Wait... So I'm not the only one...

"Yeah... I do. The way the twins and the guys, including Yeji and the girls angrily talked about this him guy and also how everyone reacts about this man. I know that Jihyo knows since she's very close to them but when I asked her, she wouldn't spill anything." I said.

"I kinda understand her part but a little info wouldn't hurt. Plus, I can help but keep worrying about all of them." she said.

"What hurts the most is that we can't do anything about it because they're not ours." I added.

"Okay... This topic is giving me a headache." unnie said, massaging her temples.

"You're not the only one... I wanna text him badly." I said, whispering the last part.

"Go then."

I looked at her and saw her looking back at me with both her thumbs up, smiling. I took out my phone and searched for Chaeng's number.

My Cub

Hey Chaeng. I don't know what's happening to you guys right now but if you have anything that's bothering you, I'm right here to help.

After I sent that, Sana unnie patted my head and wished me luck before exiting my room. I waited for a few seconds and saw him on read and started texting.

My Cub: Thank you for that noona. By the way, can I give you a nickname instead of calling you noona all the time?

His text made me smile and I started wondering what nickname he would give.

If only it's for the reason I want it to be.

Of course you can Chaeng. What nickname are you thinking about?

My Cub: I don't know. How about... Pengu? Pengmi? Penguin? Minari? Ketchup? I can't choose!

I like them all. You can call me any of them. I'm fine with any Chaengie! By the way, that's gonna be your nickname from me from now on.

My Cub: I like my new nickname! Thank you Minari!

Minari?