Latibule - K.R

He was so tired. It has been a long day. A very long day. He could feel the need to sleep hanging off his shoulders, slowing him down. The film location was far from home. And it was already early morning. He could have just rented an apartment nearby or rented a hotel room for the night like most of the film crew did. But he did not have the heart to. He just couldn't knowing that there was someone waiting for him at home.

The road was long and silent. He kept his car window rolled down, feeling the cold night air hit his face. It helped with keeping the sleep away. He kept glancing at his phone, wandering what she might be doing. Maybe she was already asleep, or maybe like the other times watching a movie while waiting for him.

As he pulled in the driveway, he could distinctly make out that some lights were still on. His lips quirked. He got out of the car and approached the front door. He could faintly hear footsteps rushing towards the door. As soon as he opened the door and pair of slender arms wrapped themselves around his waist in a tight hug. He wrapped his arms around her, burying his head in her messy hair as he breathed in the calming scent of his significant other.

"Welcome home." She said breaking the tight hug to look as him while a small lazy smile resting on her lips. 

She looked tired too. Keanu's eyes softened as he realized that that woman must had had a hard day too and yet, she still waited for him. He lovingly caressed her cheeks with both hands and he leaned down to capture her soft lips with his own.

They remained still, both relishing the short yet extremely sweet kiss. The kiss that made the world disappear, time irrelevant and fatigue unknown. It was only they, them and themselves.

Soon they ran out of breath, and had to unfortunately part. But both still had that smile on their face. (Y/n) and Keanu proceeded to do their nightly routines. While the latter took a nice hot shower, (Y/n) would fix a light warm meal. Then, he would eat while (Y/n) would talk about the day and they would end up the night cuddling in bed while Keanu recounted his.

They would face each other, legs tangled, breaths mixed and hands enterwined. They would share some light kisses here and there, some light laughs and small smiles before both succumbing to their sleep.

That was it.But for Keanu, it meant the world. No matter how far he would be or how difficult it would be, he would try his best to find a way to return home because that was wher (Y/n) was.

And his latibule was where she was.