Part One

The first memory Python had was when she was 1 year old.

Her mother was an assassin. Cold, ruthless and reckless. She went to great lengths to kill her mark, and some of the most famous dragons in SandWing history who disappeared were assumed to be her work.

Python didn't really want to be like her, but she got exactly what she wanted whenever her grandfather kicked her out of the house. "Go find somewhere else to be all lovey dovey with dragons!" He had said, and left Python on the streets, with no food, no water, nothing.

Well not nothing, she had two things.

Her head, and a simple amber teardrop earring. Her mother, being a little bit soft before she kicked Python out, poked it through her ear roughly. "Your brother will have the other one, you little rat. If you manage to find him, you'd maybe have a place in this family again." She said to Python, sneering at her before pushing her out the door.

So much for kindness.

When she was kicked out, a SandWing named Thorn recruited her, and used her small skill set for various tasks. Most of the time since she had mentioned she had a sibling, Thorn had been looking for them, searching the markets and other places.

(This is before Qibli joins the Outclaws.)

Python was roused from her daydream to find Thorn standing over her. "You seem tired today," Thorn said. "Yeah, didn't sleep last night" Python admitted, getting up and stretching. I know Thorn, I'm a lazy RainWing.

Python loved Thorn. She was fair to her colleagues, and made sure they were well paid and fed. That is, when she managed to get enough food for her entire group. Thorn really had no one close to her, though many followed her at all times.

Python smiled at Thorn and got up, curling her SandWing barb into a protective coil. "Anything I can do, Thorn?" She asked her boss.  "Well, you could help me find your sibling," Thorn said, smiling. Python smiled too. Don't worry Thorn, I've been looking for him. Thorn wrapped a protective wing around Python, and she leaned into her warmth.

"I hope we find him," Thorn says, pulling Python close. Python nods and runs a talon over the earring, which she had never taken off, not a single time since it was put on.

Python exited the canvas tent she had slept in with Thorn at her side. The pair almost looked like Mother and Daughter, but those who knew Thorn knew better.

"I'm going to search the streets for potential recruits today, want to come?" Thorn asked Python, and she nodded politely, eager to get a break from her brother hunt.

They headed out after letting SixClaws know what the plan was, and they began scavenging the streets for recruits. After a while, they approached a hut near the outskirts of town, and Python heard a familiar voice. "When you steal something, you keep it to yourself!"

Thorn immediately ran to the small hut, and Python followed. They approached it cautiously, not eager to disturb the current conflict. Thorn said quietly, "I am going to go in and get payment, can you go check out this for me?" She handed her a map of the Scorpion den, with an X marked on one of the houses, and a small silver key. Thorn looked at Python, "This is a house an old friend of mine wants to buy. He lives in the rainforest right now, but he sent a scroll asking me about it a few days ago.

Python nodded and took the scroll. "I won't let you down, boss." She said, smiling. She loved a good job. She left Thorn to go find this house, which apparently a really wealthy person wanted to buy.

(Bet you know who's gonna buy the house ;) )

After a while of searching, she found what she had been instructed to find. It was a rather large house, constructed of a mixture of wood and adobe bricks. A set of marble and obsidian stairs, and other parts of the house were made into the brickwork. There was a large wooden door, with a heavy iron lock. Guess the key goes there? She thought, approaching the door.

With one movement, she inserted the key into the door and unlocked it. Walking in, she noticed not many furnishings and not much other things, other than beds, a table and chairs, and a bookshelf.

Not much of a place- she thought, scanning the room. The note had instructed her to make sure everything was in good condition and also to hide the key under the third stone step outside.

Before doing this, she decided to look at the bookshelf. It was a rather large shelf, strewn with books and also scrolls. Python never really read much. She didn't have the time.

She then noticed a book, inscribed with a rather intricately drawn dragons eye. It was bound in durable black leather, and clasped shut with a silver clasp. Wonder what that is- she mused, going to pull it down to look at it.

She pulled on the book and there was a loud click, and the bookshelf began to move. Python backed up and readied her tail, prepared to face whatever came at her.

The bookshelf slid aside, revealing a set of stairs.

The stairs lead to total blackness.