#1) How Bucky Became a Siren

I'm dedicating this chapter to Keynane. One: To get their attention so they can read it. XD And two: Because I wrote this part as a request from them. Or... A sorta request. They wanted a prequel. More coming where this came from though!

The Howling Commandos were boarding ship for their next journey. There was a port they wanted to hit up as it had good things said about it. They left the harbor and set out to sea.

_-_-_-_-_

They had been on the water for two days. Steve and Bucky were resting up front and looking out at the water. Their hands were intertwined. Steve's head rested on Bucky's shoulder and his head on top of Steve's. They just stood there, appreciating this moment with one another. 

"I love you." Steve let out softly. A smile slipped onto Bucky's face. He swept his thumb across the top of Steve's hand. "I love you too." Steve relaxed more against his other half, glad to be with the man that completed him. Bucky wrapped an arm around the blondes shoulders and re-latched Steve's hand with his other. The brunette couldn't be happier then when his with the love of his life.

_-_-_-_-_

Next Day

A storm had blown in fiercely with no warning. People were running around, desperate to keep the ship afloat. Bucky and Steve ran out of the hold, hands clasped together. They exchanged a look and nodded before sharing a chaste kiss and separating. The two scrambled about with the rest of the crew. 

Bucky's head shot up when he heard a yelp from Steve. He had been knocked over and was desperately holding onto the side. "HELP!!" He called out. Bucky darted over and pulled him away from the edge and into his chest, both breathing heavily. "Th-Thanks Buck." Steve said as they pulled apart. Bucky smiled and planted a kiss on his palm. "Always Stevie." 

The two were about to keep working when a large wave tilts the boat sideways. Bucky slides and before he knows it, he's screaming and falling off the side. 

The last thing he sees is Steve's horrified face screaming his name.

_-_-_-_-_

Bucky was being battered around mercilessly by the storm enraged ocean. Gotta live. Gotta get back to my Stevie. I have to live! For him! 

He let a cry as his left arm has caught in between a coral shelf. He was trying to get it unstuck when a wave battered over him, pulling at him with such force, that his arm was ripped away from his body. He screamed into the water and looked in horror at his bleeding stump.

Do you want to live? I can give you another chance. 

He heard, or more like felt a voice. He looked around in a haze of pain and confusion. Who's there? What's going on?

Calm down, young one. I am the water, the ocean. I can give you another chance at life. But you will no longer be human. You won't have any memories, but you will be alive.

Bucky barely had to think about. Any chance to get back to my Steve, is one i'm willing to take, I accept.

Very well. Welcome to my world, young siren.

Bucky felt a flair of pain and then nothing. Just blackness.

_-_-_-_-_

Bucky wakes up some time later. He has no memory. No name. No past. Nothing.

He's realizes that he had been laying in a bed of seaweed when he sat upright and looked around. His eyes fall down to his skin. Scales scatter around his torso and right arm. His left appears to be made of water. He has a tail, a gorgeous, shimmering blue with a silver sheen. His nails look more like talons, and upon inspection, he see's that his fingers are webbed together.