#2) Making New Friends

Merfolk are known to swim in pods, right? Steve may have just been the rare loner. Now imagine a pod comes along and they meet the impossible pair of Steve and Bucky.

Steve has relaxing on an outcropping. He was playing around with some shells that Bucky had found. He hears swishing and looks up to see a small pod of merfolk swimming towards him. He smiled and waved at the group. They spot him and wave back. Steve points to the surface to talk. 

The group breeches and they begin to greet each other. One merman-blonde hair, blue eyes, purple tail with black fins who was called Clint-asked a question. 

"So what are you doing out here all alone? Lone merfolk are pretty rare. You could join our pod if you'd like!" The others murmured agreement. Steve smiled. "Thanks for the offer, but i'm not alone. Granted, i'm not in a pod. It's just me and my mate out here."

A mermaid this time tilted her head in curiosity. She had red hair, green eyes, a black tail with red fins and was called Natasha. "Your mate? What do they look like?"

Steve grinned. "Oh he's gorgeous. He has long brown hair and the most stunning blue eyes. His scales are this beautiful blue-green with a shimmer of silver over it. His name is Bucky."

It was then that Bucky appeared behind him. The pod froze in terror. Steve blinked and turned around in confusion. He relaxed at the sight of Bucky and started to swim over. But a hand shot out and grabbed his arm. He turned to look at a girl with long brown hair, brown eyes and a scarlet tail. The fins were a slightly lighter shade of red. Her name was Wanda.

"What are you doing?? He probably ate your mate! It's probably the only reason he's not attacking us!" Bucky looked confused. Steve just let out a laugh and pulled his arm away from her.

"He didn't eat my mate. He is my mate." He swam over to Bucky and gave him a kiss on the cheek. The siren smiled and kissed Steve's cheek right back, then wraps his arm around his mate, holding him gently.

The pod looked absolutely shocked. Steve smiled at the pod. "This is Bucky. He can't really talk. He can write though." Bucky smiles gently and rests his cheek on top of Steve's head.

The pod exchanges looks before one of the other mermen speaks up. He had silver hair and blue eyes. His tail was silver with blue fins. A few black patterns adorned his waist. He went by Pietro. "Ok, hold up. What-why-How did you tame a siren?? The things known to be nothing but malicious killers??" 

Bucky flinched slightly and sunk into the water, looking down.  Steve adopted a fierce glare. "Ok, first of all, I didn't tame him. I found-well he found, but either way, he was like this when I met him. He's actually very kind! He protects me and keeps me fed and is so incredibly gentle with me and he finds me gifts and I love him." The pod was looking at him in shock and Bucky had a loving and awed look on his face as he looked at Steve being so protective over him. He kissed his shoulder as a quiet thank you.

He took a breath in as he calmed himself slightly. "Second of all, apologize."

Pietro looked perplexed. "What?" Steve gave a stern glare. "Apologize." The other blinked. "Ok.. um... I'm sorry for saying mean things about your siren?" This earned a pinch in the back from Natasha, who has seen just how protective merfolk can be of their mates. He winced at the pain and flinched away from the angry glare Steve was giving. "Not to me. To Bucky." Bucky looked just as confused as the others.

"What?"

"APOLOGIZE to BUCKY. Not me." He flinched and looked to Bucky. "I'm... I'm sorry for saying mean things to you Mr. Siren Bucky sir."