Chapter 2. The case, the argument and the help.

(Okay, so... I noticed that there's tons of plot holes in this story, mostly in this chapter... but I don't care! This is my story and I'm not going to change it! Also, I've got no idea why I make 3 names for the chapters)

Carter kneeled down beside the body. There was something in Jayden's pocket, he noticed. He looked over at Jayden, who was watching him intensely. Was he waiting for something to happen? Carter ignored the weird agent. He reached into his pocket and took something out.
It was a small tube of some sort with blue liquid inside. There were Jayden's fingerprints on it.
"Tripto... caine, huh?" Carter slowly said, then smirked at Jayden. "Looks like you weren't that much of a 'lawful good' person either."
"I guess I wasn't." Jayden mumbled. So that's what he was nervous about. Jayden always was calm and this was the first time Carter saw him be nervous. "But it doesn't matter anymore, because I'm-"
Jayden couldn't finish because Carter almost threw ARI off him as he heard a door opening. Captain Perry walked in. He looked at Carter. Then he noticed ARI, lying I'm beside him.
"Are those Jayden's?" He asked. Not waiting for an answer, he continued. "Anyways, your time's up. We have to take the body away."
"That's fine." Carter said. "I'm finished."
He slowly reached for ARI, put it in his pocket, got up, and left the room.
Carter went to his desk. He opened a drawer and started looking for files about the Origami Killer. He knew that if Jayden wanted something, he would never stop. And that meant that he was going to annoy Carter until he agreed to continue the investigation.
But there was also a good side: if Carter succeeded in finding the Origami Killer, everyone would be happy and he would pretty much be a hero.
The Origami Killer... the most original one. Always the same thing with all victims: orchids, mud, and origami. And not a single clue. Carter sighed, realizing that he'll have to talk to Jayden about that. But he couldn't do it now, with cops everywhere. Carter had to wait until the end of the day, and he was very, very happy about that.
Though, unfortunately, if you want time to go very slowly, it feels like it's going faster and faster. Well, the same thing happened with Carter. Before he knew it, he was already home in his apartment, sitting on his bed, with ARI on.
"So about the conversation we were having today..." Carter started. He looked over at Jayden before continuing. "Ever considered quitting?"
"Yeah... but it's hard." Jayden answered uneasily. He looked around, trying to find a better topic. When he DID think of one, he smirked at Carter. "Why are you talking to me? I know it's not just because of THAT. Can't continue the case without me?"
"Yes, asshole." Carter said with bitterness. "I wouldn't even talk to you otherwise."
"Well, if you ask nicely, maybe I'll tell you something else about ARI." Jayden smiled and closed his eyes.
"Listen," Carter spun around to face him. "I don't have time for talking 'nicely' with you. If it was up to me, and if you were still alive, I'd put you in a dumpster and set a match to it, so stop pissing me off."
"Fine." Jayden shrugged. "Put your hands together."
Carter sighed and did what Jayden said.
Four circles appeared between Carter's hands. Each had a different picture inside of them. A cloud, an orange leaf, an underwater plant, and a planet. Carter looked at Jayden, confused.
"Okay, now pick one and slam it onto your bed."
Carter picked the one with the leaf. He grabbed it with the hand that has the glove on and put it down.
The whole environment changed. Carter was in a forest in fall/autumn. Red, orange and golden leafed trees surrounded him and he could hear the forest sounds. Like birds singing and leaves rustling from the light wind.
"So I'm guessing the cloud one is the one I was in the first time I put ARI on." Carter said, looking at the other ones. The underwater was literally underwater and the planet was probably Mars.
"Yep." Jayden nodded. "Next is... clues, files and the map."
"Whoa, I'd never think glasses could do all of THAT."
"Me neither."
"Technology is a wonder, eh?"
As Jayden taught Carter how to do all of those things, time passed. And the next day, somewhere in the very city they were in someone kidnapped a kid. The Origami Killer and his ninth victim.