00; the abduction of an orphan

Chapter Zero
『the abduction of an orphan』

⋅⋆✯✼⋆⋅

Nineteen Years Ago; 1995

The bitter coldness of Earth's atmosphere sent nothing but a shiver down the small boy's spine as he stared down at his parent's grave's. His parents who had been there for him throughout his life, who he looked up to more than anything, the parents that he loved with his entire heart and the only people that he could ever care about. The mother who held secrets from him, hiding things in her wardrobe that didn't seem to come from this planet, outfits that looked straight out of that one history children's show that Jace loved. And the father that loved his mother more than anything, even when she seemed to hold the sun in her hands. And yet, when he looked down at their graves, he felt nothing more than the light pain in his chest, knowing that he'd never be able to see them again.

He stared down at their grave, there was a part of him that was glad that they were laid side by side, like they would've wanted it, like how he'll always remember them to be. Side-by-side, even at the age that he was, he knew that he wanted a love like they had, he knew that he wanted to experience the love that they had. And yet, that pain in his chest at what he was looking at was something that he knew he wouldn't be able to change no matter what. Especially with so many unanswered things running through his mind. The gravestone above their six-feet-under coffins read:

Sebastian Taylor
14 May 1969 - 25 December 1994
Beloved Son, Father, Husband, Brother, and Friend.

Charissa Taylor
15 April 1968 - 25 December 1994
Beloved Daughter, Mother, Wife and Friend.

The small eight-year-old glumly looked down at the gravestones, Jace felt nothing but guilt swipe over him. Though there was nothing for him to be guilty about, he felt as if there was something of which he could have done so that there was a chance that they'd be alive now. There was flashes, of thoughts and wishes that he could've done more and yet, what more could an eight-year-old do?

He had no one else. His parents died and he had no one else. Well, he did have his uncle, but Jace never really saw him, mainly because his uncle disowned him and his father. Jace Taylor was lonely, and now without parents. He was all alone and there was nothing he could do about it. He was an orphan, alone within the world. Alone in a world that made him sad, like the warmth of the sun was no longer by his side like it had.

He closed his eyes and for a moment there was a small flash, three bodies thrashing in their seats as their car tumbles over a handful of times, a shadow of a man with a spear taller than him—a man with an eyepatch, a man in what looked like shining silver, a man who used his spear and drove it through his mother's chest. His mother, the very mother that was begging this man—begging this king to not do anything, to plead for her safety, for his safety. But the supposed king didn't listen, he didn't seem to care while he impaled Jace's mother.