02; the capture

Chapter Two
『the capture』

⋅⋆✯✼⋆⋅

Jace stood far back yet close enough so that he could listen to the conversation

Jace stood far back yet close enough so that he could listen to the conversation. He kept his distance mainly due to the fact that he didn't want Peter to see that he was there. The last thing that Jace wanted was for this entire thing to be ruined because Peter noticed him, that, and the fact that there was a small part of Jace of which wanted to see what would happen between the pair. And yet, at the same time there was a small part of him of which wanted the Orb.

However, the one thing that made Jace wonder a little bit was whether or not he managed to try and sell the Orb to Broker. Jace knew that Yondu was a little bit more convincing when it came to getting the right price, but he supposed Peter thought he could get away with whatever. Jace tried to rid his mind of the thoughts of why Peter did what he did, knowing that it was something that he didn't want to get himself into. Peter was a mess and that was something that caused a lot of headaches when one thought about Peter's life or actions.

Jace allowed his eyes to wander briefly, knowing that the distance he was at was safely away from Peter, he found himself staring at the same humanoid plant thing though it was bent over the water fountain. He found himself just staring at the plant-tree thing, wondering what the hell it was before shaking his head and stared back towards Peter and the woman. He needed to stay focused, he needed to make sure that he could get Peter back to Yondu for whatever Yondu had planned for him.

Jace found himself noticing how some people would stare at him almost as if they wound want to come up to him. He stared at the people who would stare at him, he wondered as to why they'd stare at him, it wasn't like he would do anything. Though there was a moment where he wondered whether or not there was a warrant out for his arrest because someone found that person's body. He turned his attention back towards Peter. Stay focused.

After a few moments, the woman asked Peter. "What happened?"

"Ah, this guy just backed out of a deal on me. If there's one thing I hate, it's a man without integrity." Peter responded. "Peter Quill. People call me Star-Lord."

Jace rolled his eyes at Peter, there was something about the way that Peter introduced himself which made Jace almost find Peter annoying. Though he couldn't tell whether or not it was because of the nickname that he gave himself or not. That and the fact that Jace noticed the Orb still in Peter's hand which meant that whatever Peter said to Broker meant that Peter fucked up. Which further proved Jace's point that Peter was an idiot who couldn't wait.

"You have the bearing of a man of honour." The woman commented.

"Well, you know, I wouldn't say that." Peter told as he threw the Orb in the air. "People say it about me, all the time, but its, not something I would ever say about myself."