01; the days in the sun

Chapter One
『the days in the sun』

⋅⋆✯✼⋆⋅

Nineteen Years Later; 2014

For nineteen years, Jace Taylor had explored the universe on many travels, whether it be via stealing on the jobs that Yondu sent him on. He'd trained with a guy that was a few more years older than him, a guy that he would see as his brother, though that was thanks to the fact that Yondu wanted nothing more than to put them both together to test their strength. Of course, in these fights, Jace won, was better at fighting than Peter, but that was something that Jace never wanted to rub it Peter's face. Well, he did, just to see the look on Peter's face, and that's what Jace loved more than anything.

Of course, aside from the training, Jace found himself tinkering with things that turned into small bombs that were of use to him, it was one of the few things that he could find comfort in between everything chaotic going on around him. He knew that making bombs wasn't something that he should find comfort in making, but it was what worked when he wasn't needed. And by needed, he means when Yondu didn't need him for whatever reason.

Yondu had a tendency to call upon him to either use him for his bombs and for any other little trinkets that could be of use, or Yondu would want him for his abilities. You see, the one strange and inhuman thing about Jace Taylor was the fact that he could summon light like some summoner, or something of the sorts. It was something that was strange for him to realise and then control. His abilities was something which made Yondu train him harder, he'd remembered Yondu paying someone to train him with his abilities, which Jace likes to think are rather dangerous.

Any time that he thought about his abilities, he found himself thinking about how dangerous it was for him to be in Xander, where he knew that the Nova Corps might be looking for him. Jace knew that there was no current calls for his arrest, he knew that he hasn't done anything as of yet, but he'd always been on edge just in case anything happened. The thing is, as much as he knew that abilities was something normal, there were people that would exploit him for such a thing, would kill him for such a thing, would want him behind bars for such a thing, which was why he was on edge.

He knew that it was something that he didn't have to worry about, but it was something that he still worried about, just in case. He knew that there was nothing for him to worry about, he knew that no matter what, he could protect himself, he knew that his abilities were an added protection that he thanked any kind of God that he could. His abilities and his added strength allowed him to protect himself and the ones that he cared about.

Jace shook his head slightly, trying to clear his head as much as he could. Currently, on Xander, he was getting his ship repaired, given the fact that Jace ripped parts of his ship apart just to make his little bombs, though it appeared that he'd done it far too much. He knew that there wasn't a true explaining as to why his ship was in such a terrible condition, but he trusted Malcom and his team who would be working on his ship.