15 - REAL LIFE

It was around three in the afternoon when Rue decides to take dip in the swimming pool

It was around three in the afternoon when Rue decides to take dip in the swimming pool. To say that her family was comfortable (even without before her career) was an understatement. Rue's grandmother, Dahlia Watson, owned a lot of land and had a successful business in landscaping. Bring in her father's money from his business of making dog beds and they were filthy rich.

She was simply basking in the Sun's warm light when she hears her grandmother's voice cackle in the phone by the table. Rue quickly jumps out and runs over to listen to her grandmother speak: "Ruelle, an old friend of yours came by."

"Okay, just let them in, Nan." Rue replies and jumps in the pool because the wind was making the air a bit chillier. If she was going to be dealing with high school classmates, Rue might as well make a quick lap. When she returns to the other side of the pool, her face meets with a definitely familiar face.

"Chad?" Rue questions in shock, "What are you doing here?"

Chadwick nervously places his hands inside his pockets and shrugs, "I came to see my best girl." He states, hoping to get on her good side.

The girl inside the pool scoffs and rolls her eyes. "If you haven't noticed, you've picked up a perfect Penny so you don't need your best girl anymore." She turns around, ready to make another lap around the pool, and swims away.

When Rue had finished her second lap, Chadwick was still in the same spot, much to her dismay. He squats down to her level and meets her eyes. "I don't want perfect, Rue. You're all I want. I love you more than a best friend should."

She crosses her arms over her chest, making the water around her splash around. "Seriously? After I accidentally sent out that text, Chad? You don't need to tell me you love me too just because I said it."

"I actually don't care if that text was an accident." Chad tells her, confidence present in his voice. "I just needed you to know that I love you and I feel the same way."

Rue could feel her eyes bulge because of he was saying. Chad felt the same way? Like the way she had loved all these years? So that means. . .

Rue feels a surge of happiness through her as she smiles and swims closer to where he was. Rue was all smiles as she looks up at him-her best friend who apparently also loves her-and she couldn't believe just how life was funny but good to her in an odd way.

"I realized that. . ." Rue announces as she reaches the edge of the pool, just where he was standing. "I should probably suck my pride and ask you out before I lose you to someone else again."

Chadwick exhales in relief. He brings out the single white tulip behind his back and hands it out to her. "It's about damn time."

For the second that day, Rue gives him an eye-roll but this one was all in good fun. "Okay, okay." She says, holding out her hand. "Just help me out and we can go on that date." Chadwick, being the gentleman that he is, stands from his position and places his hand inside hers. In the blink of an eye, Rue pulls him towards her and they end up inside the swimming pool all while laughing like a couple of love drunk teenagers.