Chapter 3

Author's Note: I hope you all enjoy the new chapter

It's a little bit shorter than the previous ones

X X X

Wednesday 15th of September

Santana, Brittany and Quinn all made the Cheerios squad this year. Quinn was appointed Head Cheerleader for the 2nd year running. Brittany was excited to be a Cheerio and get extra special treatment from the other students.

Santana met Quinn and Brittany in the Cheerios locker room, she was eager to start practicing. She loved being back in the uniform and flaunting her body again. She also enjoyed seeing Brittany in her Cheerios uniform. The girl looked amazing in that skirt! The three girls strutted down the hallway each day and the other students dubbed them the 'unholy trinity'.

X X X

"MEDIOCRE" Coach Sue shouted into her megaphone at the Cheerios who were in a perfect formation. "PRACTISE OVER" she shouted and the girls jogged back to the changing rooms.

It had become a daily routine for Santana to take Brittany to and from school each day and she loved their car rides. They'd sing and dance to their music and chat about the latest gossip. Santana treasured her one on one time with the blonde as usually they spent time together as a group.

X X X

Santana was driving home after practise and pulled up outside her house.

"Did you want to come over?" Brittany asked in a quiet, shy voice. "My parents aren't here and I was just going to watch TV for a bit" she added.

"Yeah, that sounds great actually!" Santana replied enthusiastically. The girls shared a smile before walking next door to the Pierce's house.

Santana quickly texted her Ma before following Brittany into her house.

To Ma [16:41]
Gone to Brittany's for a bit. Will be back 4 dinner.

X X X

Santana sat down next to Brittany on the couch and watched as the blonde flicked through the channels. She stopped for a second while the TV began to play an episode of 'Sweet Valley High'.

"I love this show!" Santana exclaimed

"Really? So do I!" Brittany agreed. The girls settled down and began to watch the show together.

After a few minutes, Santana felt Brittany's hand inching closer to hers so she reached over and linked their pinkies together. This was a familiar gesture to them both. They smiled at one another and at their intertwined pinky fingers.

A couple minutes after that, Brittany scooted over a little so she was closer to Santana. Santana pretended not to notice when really her heart was thumping and her stomach was doing flips. Brittany picked up their hands and interlinked their fingers.

Santana started thinking about the meaning behind these gestures. Was Brittany just being friendly? Did she do this with everyone? Santana's thoughts were Suddenly cut off as she saw Brittany's face getting closer to hers.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion at that moment. Brittany's eyes closed then her pink lips started to purse and the next thing she knew, they were kissing. Brittany's hand rose to cup Santana's cheek and Santana wrapped her arm around Brittany's neck to bring them closer. The kiss was soft and meaningful and filled with promise.

Santana had kissed other girls before but no kiss was the same as this one. This one meant something to her and she hoped she could feel it again.

As Brittany pulled away they smiled at each other. Not just a little smile but a full on, cheek bunching, eye reaching smile and both girls were giddy.

They shared a little giggle before the brunette's phone vibrated on the coffee table. She picked it up and groaned.

From Ma [17:27]
Come home. Dinner is ready

"I've got to head home" Santana said with a sigh. "Sorry".

"It's fine, Santana" Brittany replied with a reassuring smile.

Santana grabbed her backpack and said her goodbye to the blonde.

"Thanks for having me over, hopefully we can do that again" she said. "I mean watch Sweet Valley High. Not the other thing" she said referring to the kiss they shared a few minutes prior. "I mean not that I don't want to do that other thing again I just" she trailed off.

Brittany just smiled and said "Goodbye Santana, see you tomorrow"

"Bye" Brittany closed the door and Santana walked home. She entered her house with a huge smile on her face  and a spring in her step.

X X X

Santana ate her dinner in silence as she replayed the memory of that afternoon over and over again. The thoughts, the feelings and the emotions behind it all created butterflies in her stomach.

When she climbed into bed she texted the girl who had consumed all her thoughts for the last 6 hours.

To Brittany [22:16]
Thanks again for today! I had a great time :)

She placed her phone down on the nightstand and rolled over. A minute later it buzzed and she picked it up again.

From Brittany [22:18]
I had fun 2! See you tomorrow!
P.S you're a really good kisser ;)

Santana replied immediately

To Brittany [22:18]
You're not too bad yourself ;)

Then she placed her phone down and rolled over replaying the memory of her and Brittany's first kiss until she fell asleep.

X X X

Author's Note: So they had their first kiss yay!

A new chapter will be coming soon!

Please Comment and Vote