year one; may

*

"Why weren't you here yesterday?" Off asked the next day, standing beside Tay's desk, "Were you sick?"

Tay shook his head. "I woke up late, so I decided not to come to school."

Off laughed, patting Tay on the shoulder. "Well, you didn't miss out on much. We basically did a lot of individual work."

Tay nodded, eyes staring straight ahead in a daze. He was still thinking about yesterday, still thinking of New and his lips on his. Pressing his own lips together, Tay tried blinking away his thoughts by looking down at his notebook.

"Final exams are in two weeks," Off continued beside him, changing the topic, "are you ready? I know you've been studying non-stop."

Tay glanced up at New's empty desk. "Yeah," Tay answered, "no more studying after this." He frowned at the thought. It wasn't because he couldn't study anymore, hell no, but more of the fact that he couldn't study with New again. Even the male's presence made Tay feel more relaxed while reading over his notes or doing his practice problems. He was just so used to studying with New after school almost every day that it seemed weird to just stop. Those thoughts made him wonder if he would he even get to see New over break.

*

"Do you have plans for break?" Tay asked the following weekend, sat on his bed as his upper body laid against his headboard.

New didn't look up to answer, sitting next to Tay and looking over his notes. "Help my dad, probably."

"Are you going to be doing that the whole break?"

New finally lifted his eyes from his notebook then, lips breaking out into a grin. "Why? Are you going to miss me?"

Tay only stared back, pressing his own lips together in nervousness. He couldn't think straight with New's smile blinding his eyes, reminding him of the quick kiss they shared a few days ago. When he finally found his voice, Tay blurted, "You answer first."

"Maybe."

"Maybe?" Tay repeated with a frown. After everything they did together? After seeing each other for days on end? After sharing a kiss?

"I'm joking," New said, interrupting Tay's thoughts before glancing down at his lips, "I'll definitely miss that."

"My lips?" Tay asked, licking them after. He felt weird to have it in full attention. "Is that it?"

"Of course not," New answered, gazing back up at Tay's eyes, "I'll miss your eyebrows as well." Tay watched New bring his finger over his left eyebrow and trace around it before bringing it low, "Your eyes as well," Tay felt New follow the curve of his eye, tickling his eyelash and moving it down, "and your nose...but I'll definitely miss this the most." Tay felt New finally trace around his lips before holding his chin in between his fingers. Tay saw New smile at him before leaning in close, tilting Tay towards him and planting a soft kiss on his lips. Closing his eyes to enjoy the touch, Tay felt his stomach do a summersault of butterflies.

New pulled back after a short second, but Tay didn't want to stop. Following New's retreating lips, Tay pushed himself towards the male and kissed him this time instead. It was soft and warm like their first time at the park except Tay wanted more.

No, he needed more. Without the touch of New, without the taste of him, or the feeling of New against him, Tay couldn't live.

Pushing his notebook out of his lap, Tay lifted himself up and over New's legs, straddling the male as well as not letting their lips disconnect. He brought his hands behind New's head, cradling his head as he pushed his tongue between New's closed lips. Gifted entrance, Tay was quick to evade and explore the male's mouth, groaning against New's tongue and pushing his face further into New's for more.