Purpose

December 9th, 1943

Sixth Year

"Let's kill my father."

She whispers it into the space between them. It's a sentiment Catalina has been throwing his way since they were eleven. All these years she has spared him the details of her troubled parental relationship. Still, Tom can guess what's what with the way she talks about them with both hatred and fear. 

His hands are cold, making her hiss when he slides his fingers over her waist above her skirt. They're hidden in their favourite spot to collude before he goes to Slug Club and she goes to her Quidditch meeting.

They can't seem to stop moving, hands and lips everywhere. Unlike other nights this will go as far as a kiss because of their commitments. It doesn't stop Catalina from hitching her knee higher and higher up his leg, or Tom from caressing every bit of skin he can reach.

"You say that every year before the holidays," he smirks, drawing away from their passionate kiss. 

Catalina pouts up at him, amused eyes the colour of the snake on their robes.

"Don't be mean," she chides sweetly, before drawing him back in. Of course, the statement is pointless. He's mean by nature, though selective on when he shows it. They both know that after almost six years together.

"Then don't ask stupid questions." 

Tom can see what she wants to say, but she keeps it in and continues to kiss him instead. 

It would not be their first kill together.

He ignores the shivers that run up his spine as she scratches over the base of his scalp. He hides the pleasured look in her neck and nips the sensitive skin there. Catalina moans, head banging back against the wall.

Footsteps sound from the corridor nearby. Tom quickly draws away and admires his work- her shirt is open and out over her skirt, which is unzipped and her hair sticks to the wall. She grins back at him, as usual.

"You better get to the Slug Club, prefect," she tells him, fixing herself up with practice. In seconds she looks normal again, like she wasn't just being ravished silly by her boyfriend.

With a last kiss on Tom's lips- before he can turn away -Catalina bounces off down the hall back to the common room.

Tom takes a moment to think on her words. Let's kill my father. Should Slug Horn be about to tell him what he wants to hear, it may very well be in his best interests to end Cygnus Blanchard's life.

Maybe he'd do it even without that prompting.

Afterall, he had only just found out how satisfying it can be to end the lives of ones own family. Though using his uncle to do it probably took some of the pleasure away, his father still got what was coming.

And that is more satisfying than anything.

Suddenly the idea of watching Catalina's father's eyes fade in death sounds much more appealing.

Time to see if Slughorn's meeting will give it more purpose.

◊