PART FIVE.

𝙱𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢. 𝟹:𝟻𝟽 𝙿𝙼. 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚐𝚘. 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽. 𝟺𝟷.𝟾𝟽𝟾𝟷° 𝙽, 𝟾𝟽.𝟼𝟸𝟿𝟾° 𝚆.

"When I leave you can meet him, okay? I'm having him pick me up today." Bucky referred to Steve as he talked to Makayla.

"Sure. Bucky, big question." She spoke and his ears perked up.

"Would you consider us friends?" Her words were kind of hurtful to him, like she didn't think they were.

But then again, he always came off cold, so she was probably assuming the worst.

"Yeah. You're my second closet friend, after Steve." He smiled at her. She appreciated when he smiled because it helped her know he was changing.

"But you do talk to others more, right?" She interrogated.

"Yeah, but even in the 40s I was never super social. Always been the observant type." He said honestly.

"Nice. So seeing your main problem coming to me was your past, I have a proposal." Her eyes had that familiar twinkle whenever she had an idea.

"I'm all ears."

"What if you changed, physically? Hear me out, you're in great shape, but what if you, I don't know, grew your hair longer? Or cut it all off? I'm saying maybe you also associate your certain physical traits to your past, so what if you changed that?" Her voice was hesitant, but Bucky liked the idea.

His long hair got on his nerves sometimes anyway. He got too much staring in public for it.

"As stupid as that sounds, it seems pretty reasonable." He teased. His jokes were rare, so she appreciated them when they happened.

"So what would you do?" She propped her head up on her hand.

"Cut my hair and shave, I guess. Actually, probably would just cut my hair." He said.

"Sounds cool. But don't do it unless you want to or you think it'll help." She stated.

"I know." He agreed.

"Makayla?" He asked.

"Hmm?" She looked up.

Bucky's mind switched, and he couldn't take his eyes off her. Her radiant tan skin, her truly spectacular blonde locks, her big brown eyes, and a smile that could brighten even the darkest of days. Hell, even her nose was adorable.

"I-I'm gonna go to the restroom, I'll be right back." She said quickly before standing up and leaving.

Bucky scolded himself for making her feel uncomfortable. It's not like he liked her, he just had moments where it really hit him how attractive she was.

Teddy stood up and walked over to Bucky, sitting down in front of him. Bucky rubbed his head and behind his ears, and the dog gently licked his hand.

Bucky cracked a smile at how cute the dog was.

"Sorry about that." Makayla smiled as she walked back in.