The Tragedy of the Never Would Be King ~ Part 2 ~

"An elephant graveyard?"

"Yeah, it's pretty cool, it's not on the pride lands so we'll be fine."

"Alright, let's go."

He began to lead the way as we left the Outlands. As we traveled we went into an open field, I was stopped by something as Kovu kept walking. Something hit my head. "What the-?" I said as I turned, looking around. When I looked on the ground there was some sort of odd fruit. I looked around seeing that there were only a couple small trees around, one near me, and a few that were a great distance away. "Where could this have come from?" I asked myself. Then I was hit on the head again, but this time it was something harder than a fruit.

"WHO are YOU?" a very loud and annoying voice asked.

"Wha...huh?" I said as I looked around, until my eyes landed on something in the top of the tree next to me. It looked like....a monkey.

He jumped from a tree and I could now see the type of monkey he was...a baboon. "Maybe I hit you a little too hard... I said WHO are YOU?"

"W-why?"

"I am the one asking the questions here, not you."

"Tell me who you are first."

"No, that is nothing you need to know right now."

"Ok?" I said as I slowly started to walked away until he jumped in front of me, blocking way with some weird stick he was carrying with him.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"Leaving..going to the graveyard."

"You have a very disturbed heart..."

"...Huh?"

"You are up to something aren't you...no one new comes around here unless they are up to something."

"Whatever..,you're crazy."

"No it is you who are crazy, you don't trust your heart.."

"Wha...who do you think you are?"

"In order to find where you truly belong, you must search beyond what you know."

"Beyond what I-? You don't know anything....that makes no sense at all."

"Hey Ayame!" Kovu called. "Come one."

Then the baboon started to laugh loudly and sing an odd toon that I didn't understand half of. "'Asante sana Squash banana, Wewe nugu mimi hapana," he sang as he jumped off into the tree.

I started to walk in the direction of Kovu as I shook my head. "Crazy monkey."

I picked up my pace to hurry to Kovu's side. "What was that all about? What were you doing?"

"N-Nothing...don't worry about it, let's just keep going."

We continued walking the way through the tall grass, that seemed like nothing but an enormous grassland. Soon the air became dark, and dusty, as did the ground. I knew we had to be there now, plus the enourmous skull of the elephant lying on the ground was a dead give away.

"Whoa...." I said.

"Yeah," Kovu replied. "Pretty cool isn't it? Scared?"

"Not at all."

"It's pretty dangerous out here."

"Danger?" I scoffed. "I've been in more dangers than you could bare. I walk on the wild side, I laugh in the face of danger," I laughed mockingly.

As we continued walking around, simply exploring, we heard a very loud laughter.

"Oh, great," Kovu sighed. Then three hyenas came from a slightly taller ledge and jumped down, two boys and a girl. One of the boys looked a little.....stupid....with his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth, and drool sliding from it.