FOUR

trouble !

     IT'S BEEN A few days since the infamous robbery at Fine and Frugal. I stared at the stack of money in front of me. It had to be at least a hundred thousand. I haven't touched it to spend it yet. Why would they leave me with the responsibility of this much money? I don't know. 

They said not to spend it, but knowing Annie, she would've bought a whole new car by now. 

My eyes were trained on the money and my thoughts returned its focus on it. I could leave. I have enough money. Go MIA. It wouldn't really matter. My parents are gone, no siblings, and no other family. There was that temporary 'family,' but they weren't really family. Unless gangs are considered family. Maybe it just depends on the relationship, obviously. 

My phone vibrated next to my thigh, pulling me back to reality and I looked down, craning my neck to the side. It was a text from Annie; "Can you please head over to Beth's? Urgent."

My brows furrowed in confusion but I could only feel that something was off. I put the stack of money in a small black envelope and stuffed it in my tampon box under my bathroom cabinet. 

Grabbing my phone and keys, I headed out the door. 

My rugged car coughed itself to start and I sped my way down to Beth's. Barely dodging a ticket, I turned on to the designated street in front of the house I was looking for. I noticed the same black, sleek car I saw at the time of the robbery parked a few houses down from Beth's. I only brushed it off because it literally could've been anyone's in this rich neighborhood. 

As I parked in front, I could see that the front door was slightly open. Seeing that something was clearly not right, I quickly unbuckled my seat belt, grabbing my things and jogged to the door silently in case it might be dangerous to let myself be known. 

I crept up to the door and slightly pushed it more open. I walked in a little further. Everything seemed fine. It was quiet until I walked in the direction of the kitchen. I see Annie, Ruby, and Beth scared shitless. That made fear grow a little in my nerves. 

Around them are two unfamiliar guys standing blank faced and stiff. Where I am, I could see one of them holding a golden gun. 

Well, shit. Trouble.

"We didn't know you owned the store!" Ruby trembled. The girls all seemed to plead with their responses, but I could see Beth trying to keep it together for all of them. I walked a little more to see what was going on, and that was my mistake.

I think one of the statue goons caught sight of me and notified the leader? Head chef? Ruler? Hell, I don't know, but he nodded his head towards me and the girls glanced in my direction. 

What the fuck do I do? I don't fucking know.

"See." a deep, accented voice spoke. "I knew there was a fourth one." 

author's note lol sorry this one is short, but i hope you enjoyed this one ... updating soon !