EIGHT

you shot a canadian in the foot !

     I SAT IN THE back of the car as Beth had taken the drivers seat with Ruby next to her, leaving Annie next to me. 

The drive to the Canada I would say, wasn't that long. The ride consisted mostly of Annie enjoying herself by loudly singing her favored songs that came on and that only got Beth irritated while Ruby sat silently making faces that obviously showed that she wanted to be anywhere but in the car on the way to Canada. Honestly, we all would be anywhere but in the car on the way to Canada, doing something potentially illegal. Hell, doing something that IS illegal. 

We neared the entrance of the border and I sat straight in my seat. Annie stopped singing and everyone grew quiet. Slowly, Beth stopped in front of the guard. 

"Hello ladies." 

A mumble of 'hello's and 'hi's broke out as Beth handed the guard our passports. We all sat in silence for a few seconds—which felt like an hour or so—and then we began moving again. Everyone let out a breath of relief while I laid back into my seat. 

We soon, again, slowed down to a stop and we were in front of what seemed to be a factory loading dock. 

"Okay." Ruby breathed out and then proceeded to pull out a small hand gun. 

What the fuck. 

A burst of screams broke out and I flinched at the high pitches hitting my ears. 

"Where the hell did you get that?" Annie leaned forward, grabbing the two front seats, to observe the gun. Beth pushed Annie back a little and backed into the door more. 

"What? It's Stan's. Thought we would need some precautionary safety, you know?"

"No, I don't 'know!'" Beth exclaimed which made Ruby give her a look before she spoke again, "Is the safety on?"  

Ruby turned the gun around carelessly, causing us to back up even more than we already were, "I think so."

Beth put her hand on Ruby's along with the gun and slowly lowered it down, "Don't point it at me!" 

Ruby shrugged her shoulders and glided her hands down in surrender.

"So what do we do?" I asked as I pushed myself up in my seat. 

"Well, we're supposed to just pick up a 'special' delivery." Beth turned in her seat so that she was looking at all of us. 

"How do we do that?" Annie pulled herself forward into the position she was in earlier.

"I think we just go up to that guy," Beth pointed to a guy in front of us that was heavily set, bald, and with a beard. He notably was wearing a flannel. He was moving boxes of shipments. "and tell him we're picking something up for Rio." 

"Ah. Mr. Gangbanger-Scary Man." Annie smugly smiled and slowly nodded her head. Ruby stared at Annie and shook her head. 

"Yes. 'Mr. Gangbanger-Scary Man,'" she said with her brows furrowed. 

Before we knew it, Beth had closed the door shut and she calmly walked up to the man and began talking to him. From his expressions, I could tell that the conversation wasn't going so well. Beth's arms crossed and that's when I knew she was being defensive and stubborn. The man laughed and shook his head once more before turning back around, sending Beth marching back to the car. 

Uh-oh. 

"Unbelievable!" Beth exclaimed as she sat back in the driver's seat, slamming the door after her.