Metallic

Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

I watched silently as the clock ticked by seconds, minutes, and hours. It's been way too long. Way too long since I coughed.

I glared suspiciously at the clock and fidgeted with my pencil.

Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

For some unknown reason, I grew agitated by the clock's constant noise. Mr. Aizawa left us alone for a quiet study hall period, so there was nothing to cover up the irritating repetitive noise. I did my best to ignore it, but it was a constant reminder of how much time is passing since the last time I coughed, which was inevitably last night.

Although heavily bothered by the clock, I had other thoughts on my mind as well. The fact that all this time, I haven't really thought about the feelings of those around me. All I thought was, "it for the good of them" when in reality it was killing them inside out. I couldn't stop thinking about the same things over and over again.

What I did hurt others.
What I did didn't help.
What I did, destroyed everything.

All these thoughts and all my actions were heavy burdens on my shoulders. Like a grudge yet to be solved. Like a problem without a solution. Like a soul without a heart.

I inwardly sighed, not wanting to gather attention like I did when I first entered the classroom. I felt immensely stressed and I ran a hand through my hair. I momentarily closed my eyes and tried to relieve the overbearing amount of stress placed on my heart. But that was to no avail.

"Everyone, study over. Get into your gym uniform, we're going to the field and training." Mr. Aizawa suddenly announced amidst the silence. My head shot up and I clamped my mouth to keep from shouting out.

Seriously, Mr. Aizawa?! I just came back from sulking my butt off, coughing up blood, and drying my lungs out! And this is what you do to me when I finally get the courage to arrive at school and face all my friends?!

I yelled more exasperated thoughts into my head. If I said any of those out loud, my head would be halfway across the world and my body on the floor laying still as a dead rat.

The class lined up outside in their gym uniforms looking at Mr. Aizawa. I stood between Momo and Shoji, hoping to avoid standing next to Iida, Todoroki, Ochako, or Izuku. It's not that I don't want to stand next to them, it's just that I need to not stand next to them. Standing next to them would just make me feel increasingly more guilty. But the only thing keeping me from being next to them is Momo and Shoji. Even they must be confused as to why they happened to block me off from my group of friends, probably wondering how they got there.

Mr. Aizawa then began speaking. "I have planned this training session to be a one on one match between you all. To win, you just have to keep your opponent's body immobile for five seconds. No forfeiting. I have randomly picked who goes with who, so don't blame me for who you fight." He announced. Really? Why couldn't he pick the teams and make me fight against someone who won't give me a hard time? "So here are the teams:
Todoroki Shoto vs. Uraraka Ochako
Mineta Minoru vs. Momo Yaoyorozu
Ashido Mina vs. Hagakure Toru
Shoji Mezo vs. Sato Rikido
Koda Koji vs. Tokoyami Fumikage
Asui Tsuyu vs. Sero Hanta
Jiro Kyoka vs. Ojiro Mashirao
Aoyama Yuga vs. Kaminari Denki
Kirishima Eijiro vs. (L/n) (Y/n)
Bakugou Katsuki vs. Iida Tenya.
Since we have an uneven amount of kids, Midoriya will be against me."

Some people groaned, and some people were disappointed. Some people were okay, some people were not.

I was mediocrely fine. I didn't mind being paired with Kirishima, but since we both have quirk concerning with making our body more capable, I doubt he'll go easy on me. And that spelled death. If I bleed, my secret will be out, and not just Izuku, but the whole class. If I do bleed, I'll have to keep it lowkey.