Dream -31-

Jimin's POV

As soon as I returned home, from the fun activities with Y/N, I noticed my parents sitting at the kitchen table discussing. "Welcome back!" I smiled and went over to properly greet them.

"Jimin." my dad's serious deep voice stopped my every move.

Frozen at the spot.

"We need to talk to you about something." said my mom.

"And it's about your education." my dad added.

I nodded and sat opposite to them with shaky legs and hands. "You mean my studies, don't you?"

"Yes." they said in unison and I felt my world shatter. 

"We just want you to listen to us first before you oppose to anything we suggest. Honey, will you?" she aimed at my dad.

"We would love to send you abroad to study Jimin. We came to the conclusion that you'll need foreign languages and experience outside Korea in order to accomplish your goals." 

My heart jumped out of my chest and my palms got sweaty as soon as my dad's words exited his mouth. "What are you talking about?" I let out my shaky voice.

"We'll pay lots of money to send you to America. We have already communicated with a few Universities that are willing to accept you and even give you a scholarship." 

"Aren't I supposed to choose my luck?" 

"I had no idea I would say this but, you're the oldest sibling and you have to be the figure your siblings look up to. If you end up unsuccessful your siblings and us will be very disappointed. You HAVE to succeed and in order to do that you'll HAVE to follow our rules."

"I'm not doing it." I announced.

"We knew you wouldn't like it but it's the best for all of us. And mainly you." 

"You mean it's the best for YOU! Studies are supposed to be something I choose to do and in order to succeed in life I have to follow my passion, something that I'm good at, something that will give me motivation to keep going. I've always wanted to make you proud and then satisfy myself, but this has gone too far. I WON'T be leaving abroad, I WON'T study what you want me to and I definitely WON'T be miserable to make you happy." 

"Jimin, what do you want to do with your life? You'll be 18 in a few months and you still haven't discussed with us your dream. So we chose for you." said my mom with pure disappointment dripping from her eyes.

"Have you ever wondered why I haven't told you before?" I looked down to avoid the awkwardness.

"We just thought you hadn't decided." 

"That's not the case and I'm sorry to ruin it for you." I sighed. "I'd love to take up dancing as an occupation."

"Excuse me?" my dad looked even more shocked than my mom.

"I want to become an idol. And it's too late now." my eyes watered.

"It's never too late my baby." my mom comforted me out of nowhere. "I'll support you."

"What are you guys talking about?" my dad hit his hand on the table. "You want to be an uneducated prick that will eventually flop?"

"Hey don't say that to him!" my mom yelled at him and tears ran down my cheeks.

"But it's the truth! It's dependable whether he's going to succeed or not."

"Just like every job!" I yelled. "What if I study? Do you think I'll instantly get a job and make a shit load of money? And since when is money happiness and success?" 

"Ever since money came into the picture and people can kill for them!" 

"Enough!" yelled my mom and silence dropped into the room. My sobbing was the only thing I could hear.

I got up and rushed to my room. I slammed the door so hard that my whole room shook like an earthquake. With slow walking I made my way to the window to get some fresh air and there she was. Y/N looking at me with a concerned and confused look on her beautiful face.

She gestured me to come out at the balcony but I refused. I just didn't want to be looking like this in front of her. 

One look away and she was gone. I figured she had left and went straight to my bed.

There was a moment of silence until a few noises came from outside. "Stupid cats." I mumbled.

Little did I know these weren't stupid cats, but a stupid Y/N climbing up a staircase to my balcony. She knocked on the glass and made me jump.

"What are you doing-" I began asking but she interrupted me.

"What the fuck!" 

"It's nothing important." I lied.

"You liar! I had been hearing this fight for over 30 minutes." 

"So you were spying on us." I rolled my eyes.

"I overheard because I was watering the flowers outside." she insisted. "That's not the point."

"Then what is?"

"I'm here for you." she caressed my cheek. "Because we share the same dream."

"What?!" I yelled in shock.

"Shhh!" she shushed me. "At least you have a great singing voice." 

"And you dance incredibly well." 

"So do you." 

"Let's sing together, shall we?" I suggested.

"Go rinse your tears with water first and come over to my house." she winked and made her way to the balcony. "I'll be waiting."

"I'm coming princess." I giggled.

After rinsing my face I went straight to the storage room and grabbed a rusty looking guitar just for the concept and ran to Y/N's house.

To be continued...

🎤

oh hello there

you didn't expect it, did you?

thank you for reading this part it's a pretty important one

vote!

kisses,

Marina