Time line/ expostion because why not

June 21st 2018- An oil tanker first spots what would later become known as a Dolphin class of the Kelphus a race made up living weapons determined to drive humanity from the seas. The same ship also becomes their first victim.

October 16th 2018- Increasing number of merchant ships and oil tankers being sunk by the Kelphus, with no other types other than one being reported at first contact. The UN Security Council members vote to put together an international task force to deal with them since their attacks are sporadic and appear more inline with a wild animal. Various task forces are formed.

January 14th 2019- the task forces are having limited affect with most forms of ASW proving ineffective and only the newest submarine classes such Asute class having any effect in dealing let alone catching them. Losses start piling up as these task forces come under heavier attack.

March 12th 2019- with losses still rising mostly in man power than in actual ships, more attack class subs are being produce due to their greater effect with latest torpedo's being enough to kill the smaller classes of which more types have been appearing. Unconfirmed reports of bigger classes start turning up.

July 27th 2019- first confirmed report of the Leviathan class occurs in the sinking a Virginia class attack sub USS Texas (SSN-775) during its patrol in the south Atlantic. The second occurs a mere couple hours later when HMS Astute (S119) encounters one barely surviving due to its soul awakening during combat granting the sub a temporary boost that allowed it to get torpedo into its blind spot killing it at almost point blank range.

September 19th 2019- emergence of various "gates" which resembles the one in a certain Sci fi show. Coincides with the so termed awakening of most surviving warships of the major navies or former major navies, with out exception all of them are female and respond to names that where given to their hulls much to the surprise of their officers and crew. Older ship girls belonging to former warships appear through the gates of their respective nations, losses amongst subs gradually decrease as the survivors awaken their souls or are sunk.

November 18th 2019- ship girls help readdress the balance between humanity and the Kelphus . So named after mythological sea monster the Kelpie due to behaviour and ability to transform similar to the myths of the creature typically taking the form of beautiful women. The successes allowed trade patterns to return and the occasional big classes being handled by attack subs manned only by their souls or occasionally with a small number of crew depending on their preferences.

January 1st 2020- Battle of Denmark strait, mass numbers of the larger classes of the Kelphus and the appearance of the new kraken type along with appearance of tactics amongst them nearly leads to destruction of the entire task force sent to investigate the reports. HMS Hood, HMS Prince of Wales, DMS Bismarck and DMS Prinz Eugen all suffer the most damage during their desperate rear guard action allowing the fleet to escape.

June 16th 2020- Increasing numbers of the type of forces seen at the Battle of Denmark strait swarm the world oceans, despite the best efforts of various ship girl squadrons and task force. A meeting by the UN Security Council leads to decisions to allow all ship girls without a current hull to get a new one since those that do, such as the USS Texas (BB-35) have proven effective, with HMS Belfast (C35) even capturing an orca class that it killed. Primary construction for ww2 era vessels being located in UK, United States and Japan, France and Italy both ignore this whilst other nations accept it with them only constructing ones their yards can handle.

September 9th 2020- Marks the start of a major campaign to clear the oceans of the Kelphus, the campaign lasts for six years culminating in the destruction of a few Behemoth class during the Battle of Midway as well as many other classes. This established a calm period since whilst no major numbers are present any more all of them killed by the combined might of the international Fleet. No one has discovered their source and thus a sort of phoney war rises up with the fleets still culling them.

October 17th 2027- Increasing activity of the Kelphus is worrying some, others are ignoring this and simply wish to focus on their own gains, whilst humanity is growing complacent with a small few still pressing for continued support a new force appears something that may tip the balance completely...

A/N:
Okay so what do you think, I've been thinking about this for weeks for this particular version, little over a year on the general idea, any way please point out any grammar inconsistencies, my grammar can be lack lustre also any spelling errors.

Any way thanks for reading see you next time.