Chapter 2: Ripple Effect

I couldn't help but be distracted by this hyper realistic dream of mine.

I mean it happened days ago, and yet I still can't get Milani or Meriandi out of my mind. They were just too... off putting for me, sure both were crazy beautiful, but it's not that. I want to believe that this dream was not real, but...

I could feel the essence of Meriandi.
Almost as if shd was calling me, like she wanted me to be on her land.

Anyways, I know that's crazy right? But I just can't stop thinking about her. I know you're probably wondering why I'm referring to Meriandi, a place. as her?
Well because that's what I felt, when I was there I felt the essence of a woman from Meriandi.

And Milani? sure she's beautiful, and she looked at me as if I was the thing she loved most, but all that crap she was spewing about how this week was going to be "hard" and "transforming" for me was bull.

I mean it's been two whole days, and not one pretty little hair on this head has changed or been harmed as a matter of fact. This is another thing that pushes me to believe that this was all some sick figment of my own wild imagination.

But deep down in my heart, I knew I should take heed to Milani's warning.

"Cleo?"

"Cleo?"

Breaking out of my thoughts, I looked up to find Lara looking at me expectantly with her hands on her hips and her eyes nearly bulging out of her skull.

Just to be clear Lara is my boss, and I work at nice little coffee shop near my apartment  called "Trendi Flow" Cool name right?

"Uhh, what this time Lara?" I said nonchalantly, looking her square in her eyes

"I swear it's always something with you, you're either late or not doing your job, I don't pay you to daydream..." She was starting to ramble about how I suck at my job again.

If I was such a bad employee, then why do I still work here?

Rolling my eyes, I turned around and walked towards my locker as I concentrated on the passcode

3-12-16

I could still hear her behind me going off about some cookies I ate last week, come on last week ? And I paid for them!

"Fucking Finally" I said as  I got the damn locker open, and began to put my apron on.
These aprons were such a bitch to put on, there's a billion holes and buttons to deal with.

"Just get in the fucking hole!!" Yes I was talking to my apron, one would think that after months of enduring this torture, that I would get the hang of it by now, but nope!

"Not only that, but a customer wrote a complaint to me about you cursing like a sailor in front of their child-" Lara's voice stopped suddenly,

Whew, yay me!! she's stopped lecturing me over bull shit, or so I thought.

"Cleo?, Cleo are you even listening to me damn it?"

For fucks sake.

I gently banged my head on my now closed locker and groaned. Turning around to look at Lara, she seriously looked pissed.