Chapter 3: Dreamscape

Most people say dreams are our bodies natural way of processing the events of our days.
Others say dreams are portals to other worlds & dimensions.
Some people say they don't dream at all.
.
.
.

I could feel warmth caressing my body as I awoke to the sun kissing my skin.
ahhh this felt oh so good, but what the hell is the sun doing kissing my skin? I should be asleep under my blankets right now.

I could tell I was in some sort of garden, laying on the grass besides a moss covered cobblestone path. All around me I could see & hear life,  the birds singing in the trees, the butterflies hazing about & The bees mingling with the flowers,  oh so many beautiful flowers, and colors, and trees, and green! I've never seen so much green in one place before it was truly breathtaking. This Garden was beating with life almost as if it was alive itself.

As soon as my feet touched the cobblestone path they seemed to develop a mind of their own & began to walk as if they were being beckoned by something I could not see nor touch.

What the hell? What's with all the weird shit happening in my dreams? First Milani and now I can't even control my own feet?
I tried using my brain to get my body to stop moving unwillingly, I even tried holding my feet done with my hands, and the only thing I accomplished in doing so was making myself look like a complete fool, it seems this magnetic force, whatever it is, is much stronger than I'd thought.

Still I do not know why I am here, but I am guessing here is Meriandi. As that's the only other place I've magically woken up in.

"Hello, Milani ?" I called out to which I received no response.

"Anybody here?" I called out again.

"So I just woke up in this garden for no reason?" I asked my self out loud, as my body unwillingly settled under the largest weeping willow tree I'd ever seen & faced its trunk.

This willow tree however was no ordinary tree, that I could see immediately. There was a faint iridescent glow in the space between each and every piece of bark.  The willow seemed to take in a deep breath as the breeze around me came to a halt, only to begin again a few seconds later as it's breath was released unto this garden and unto me.

"Why of course not my dear, nothing occurs for no reason" said the wisest & most gentlest voice I had ever heard

"Who's there" I yelled as I stood up so fast I almost fell over, everywhere I looked all I saw was green, no humans in sight.

At least I have complete control over my body again, but who said that? Why is it that whenever I am dreaming these days things I can't see like to scare me? Somethings got to fucking shake because this is not working for me.

"Why I have been here for a very long time, and in that time I have awaited your presence" said the same voice.

"Who are you? Where are you?" I asked walking around the tree to look for whatever was talking to me, and yet still I saw no one.

"I am the ancient spirit that inhabits this Willow tree, and you may call me Lilo" replied the tree spirit.

Talking trees? What else goes on in this place? I knew it felt alive, but I never expected that to be true.

"So you're Lilo the Willow tree? Ah that's got a nice ring to it" I said as I cautiously settled considerably farther away from my original spot on the ground.

For some reason I wasn't afraid of the idea of  a tree spirit, my mind was telling me that this was not right and that I must be crazy because this couldn't possibly be real, however my heart felt at ease, I knew Lilo was not going to hurt me, after all she was rooted in the ground, so what could she do?