6.

Gray sits next to me in class, grinning so brightly that I have to turn away as I feel my face heat up.

He's too attractive.

After waiting a bit to see if I'll look at him, he eventually taps my desk lightly to gain my attention, the motion surprising me since I'm sure he's trying to be considerate of my "no touching" rule.

I raise my eyes up to meet his and he smiles again, a happy gleam noticeable in those shockingly gray orbs.

I can't help thinking at the moment that his name is oddly suitable.

"Did you get permission for me to come over tonight?" He asks, excitement evident in his voice and making me wonder why he'd look forward to coming over at all. I mean, it's just my house, and I'm not exactly interesting or fun to be around. Not to mention we're just working on a project, which definitely doesn't seem like something to get excited over.

Although, I have to admit that I can kind of understand - I haven't had anybody over since elementary school, and even then it was usually only kids that my parents chose for me.

I nod in response to the light-eyed man.

His grin widens and he leans back in his chair, watching me happily. Quickly I make sure to stop any kind of misunderstandings he might be having about how tonight will go down.

"Remember, we're only working on the project, Gray, it's not that exciting." I tell him, rolling my eyes.

"I know that." He hums, and I stare at him.

"Are you sure? You seem a bit too happy for someone who's going to be working on a project." I emphasize, crossing my arms and quirking up an eyebrow in suspicion. He laughs.

"Well of course I'm happy, I'm working on a project with you." He tells me, as if it's obvious, making the tips of my ears burn.

"Why the hell does that make a difference?" I grumble, sinking into my chair as I try to hide my face in my black collared shirt.

"Because everything I do with you is great. Even though you insult and ignore me a lot, it's never a dull moment." He chuckles, his words making me scrunch my nose up in confusion.

"I don't get you." I state bluntly, puzzled by his way of thinking.

I don't think I'll ever understand.

He only shrugs in response, a smile still stamped on his face as the bell rings, signaling the beginning of class.

——

"I don't want to."

I'm frowning as Gray follows me, the both of us striding down the halls as I try to shut him out.

He groans.

"Just for one day, Carter. Just one."

I scoff, glancing back at him before stopping in my tracks, making the tall boy almost slam into me since he was already catching up thanks to his long legs.

"I don't want to go off campus for lunch, Gray. There's barely any restaurants around here so we probably wouldn't make it back in time, and even if we did, I don't have any money." I tell him, irritated that he's still bugging me about this. He's been doing that for the past five minutes, somehow finding me again after class - he might be stalking me for all I know - and chasing me down as I try to brush him off.

No, I will not fall into his bad boy antics.

He doesn't give up.

"Come on. We're in college! We can leave campus if we want to! If we're a little late, we'll that's their fault for building this place without anything around." He shrugs, making it sound as if it's that simple.