Chapter 2

3 years. 3 years since my sister/best friend disappeared and all she left behind was a goodbye note. After our parents found out, they wanted me to move back to California but I refused. I'm not going back home without Mabel. In Gravity Falls, High school starts earlier, so instead of moping around like I would do if I were home, I had to go to school.

I quickly threw on a hoodie, grabbed my backpack and hat, and went downstairs.

"Hey kid. Happy Birthday. I know today isn't very happy since... you know," Grunkle Stan said and I nodded while looking down, "But I hope you have a good day at school."

"Thanks," I said and smiled.

"Do you want me to drive you?" he offered.

"No, it's fine, I can walk. Besides, you have to open the shack," I told him.

"Ok, well, I'll see you at 2, right?"

"Yup. Bye," I said before walking out.

A little more than halfway through the walk, I saw Pacifica and her friends - Tyler, Jake, Maggie, and Sophia - walking a couple meters in front of from me. After the first summer here, I thought Pacifica had changed - that she was actually a nice person now. But right when school started she went right back to being a bitch.

Her friends weren't any better. They would bully me all the time, but to be honest, I'm used to it by now. Pacifica wouldn't directly do anything to me, but she wouldn't stand up for me either. But to be fair, I never stand up for myself.

I walked into the school and went to my new locker. I always have trouble with new lock combos. I finally was able to open it and I put all the books I didn't currently need into it.

I shut the locker door and Tyler was standing there with the rest of the posse behind him.

"Happy Birthday little fucker," he said.

"Just leave me alone. I'm not in the mood for your shit today," I mumbled back.

He slowly started to turn around, and just as I thought he was gonna walk away, he turned around and punched me square in the face.

I was a little taken aback, but aside from the fact that I could feel blood trickling down my nose, I was fine.

"I heard that today was the anniversary of Mabels disappearance. Y'know, personally I'm glad she's gone. I never met her, but from what Pacifica has told me about her, she seems like a real slut."

"What the fuck did you just say about her," I angrily replied. He can talk bad about me as much as he wants, but I will not let him get away with talking shit about Mabel. Where did he even get that from? Mabel was not at all that kind of person.

"You heard me. I'm glad she's gone. I would not wanna have to go to the same school as that ugly bitch. They didn't find a body, but I sure hope she's dead," he told me with a smirk on his face.

"Tyler, that's enough," Pacifica said sternly.

By now, I was furious with him. He didn't even fucking know her, he has no right to talk bad about her.

Just as he was about to continue, I lost it. I slapped him across the face and started punching him in the stomach. That sounds like it would hurt, but I'm not a very strong guy. He then pushed me against the wall and started punching me back.

"What is going on?!" Ms. Hernandez shouted as she walked into the hall, "Both of you, in my office, now."

I groaned as Tyler let me loose from his grip and we both walked in.

"What was all that about?"

I was about to explain when Tyler interrupted me.

"Dipper and I had a disagreement and he got mad," he lied.

"Dipper, is this true?" she asked.

"I- Uh..." I was going to truthfully tel her about the situation but Tyler was giving me the death stare and I was afraid of what would happen if I did. "Yes."

"Ok, well, I'm sorry to have to say this on the first day of school, but you both are suspended for the rest of the week."

I nodded but on the inside I knew that the only person here who deserved a suspension was Tyler.

As we were exiting the room, Ms. Hernandez stopped me before I left.

"You're a good student Dipper. I would never expect this kind of behavior from you. Did Tyler say something?"

"He... Nothing. It's fine."

"Ok, whatever you say. Go get your stuff and I'll call your Uncle."

I nodded and left.

...

"What were you thinking?! Getting into a fight on the first day of school!" Grunkle Stan shouted as we walked into the shack.

"I'm sorry, ok. I didn't mean to," I said softly.

"Just tell me why," he demanded.

"...He was talking bad about Mabel," I stated.

His face went red, "W- What was he saying?"

"I don't really wanna talk about it. Can I just go up to my room please?"

"Yeah, of course. Just take it easy, ok?"

I nodded and walked up stairs

...

I didn't want to do anything so I had just been lying in bed thinking about Mabel. I went through my phone and looked at old pictures of us a couple times. God, I miss her so much.

Ding

"Hey, it's Pacifica," the the text read and I rolled my eyes, "I know I'm probably the last person that you wanna hear from right now, but we need to talk. Please call me when you can."

I hesitated at first but then decided to call and see what she had to say.

"Hey," she said when she answered.

"What do you want?" I said, annoyed.

"Do you think we could meet up somewhere? It has to be late though. I don't want anyone to be around to hear, just in case."

I sighed, "Fine. What time?"

"We could meet up at in front of the library at 11," she replied

"Ok," I said before I hung up.

...

I checked the clock and it was 10:50 so i decided to leave.

I threw on a black hoodie and put the hood over my head

When I got there it was exactly 11 and she was already there.

"I have to tell you something important," she said

"Go on," I replied.

"It's about Mabel," she told me.

"W- What is it?" I asked nervously.

She took a breathe, "About a week before that weird apocalypse thing, Mabel told me that Gideon had somehow been sending letters straight to he room that would just appear under her bed. They were about his 'love' for her whatever. After Gideon supposedly changed, she thought that they would stop, but they didn't. I've never thought about it until now, but have you actually seen Gideon since Mabels disappearance?"

I stared at the ground in thought and shock. She had a good point. I honestly don't remember the last time I saw him.

"Should we go to his house?" I asked, trying think of ways we could confirm that he has something to do with this.

"Yeah, I think we should. Obviously not right now, but maybe tomorrow after school?"

"Ok, sounds good to me. I'll see you then," I said and then turned around to leave.

"Dipper?"

I turned back around. "Yeah?"

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner. And I'm sorry for what Tyler did today," she said, sounding ashamed.

"It's... It's ok."

We both smiled at each other and then walked away.