Chapter 7

I slowly opened up my eyes and sat up. My head was pounding and I had no idea where I was. I put my hands on my forehead and stared at the floor until I was able to think clearly.

I closed my eyes, took a breathe, and started to examine my surroundings.

I was in a room with gray walls and a dull light in the corner by the door, which was most likely locked.

When my head turned fully to the left, I was shocked at what I saw.

My breathing nearly stopped, my jaw lowered, my stomach dropped, and tears quickly started gushing down my face.

Happy tears.

I put both hands over my mouth and smiled.

"Mabel?" I thought.

She was facing toward the wall, asleep, but I knew it was her.

Still weak, I crawled over to her. I was unable to comprehend the fact that Mabel was really here. I was so fucking happy, I can't even put it into words.

"Mabel?" I said quietly as I shook her gently.

My heart leapt as her eyes started to open. My smile grew 10 times bigger and more tears came running down.

She rubbed her eyes and opened them all the way. She sat up and then looked at me.

At first she looked as shocked as I was, and then her smile mimicked mine.

"Dipper?"

I nodded. "Yeah, yeah, i- it's me."

She, just like me, started to cry.

"Oh my god," she whispered, "Oh my god," she repeated, louder this time.

She them pulled me into a bone crushing hug and I immediately hugged back. I closed my eyes and hugged tighter.

"I can't believe its really you," she said.

"Me neither. I've missed you so, so much."

After about 2 or 3 minutes, we pulled apart.

"Happy late birthday," I said.

We both laughed, "You too," she replied.

"I can't believe it's been 3 years," I said. We had both gotten a lot bigger.

"I know right."

She was wearing an oversized navy blue t-shirt and jean shorts that Gideon must have given her. It's not like she could wear the same outfit for that long.

I soon noticed that there were bruises and cuts covering her entire body.

"What did he do to you?"

She sighed and looked down. "After what I'm guessing was about a year of me being with him, he gave up on trying to make me fall in love with him. He would just hit me a lot. And throw things at me. Stuff like that. I eventually got used to it."

"No one should have to get used to something like that. I'm so sorry."

She just shrugged. "Changing the subject to something lighter, what are you still doing in Gravity Falls?"

"There was no way I'd go back home without you. I'm still living at the Mystery Shack with Grunkle Stan and Great Uncle Ford," I told her.

"Brobro," she playfully hit me on the shoulder, "You're so sweet."

I chuckled. "I've been taking care of Waddles for you. All your stuff is still up and he sleeps on your bed all the time."

"Aww Waddles. I miss him. And Grunkle Stan, Great Uncle Ford, Candy, Grenda, Soos, Wendy, Gompers, and everyone else!"

I laughed, "They all miss you too. Pacifica has been helping me look for you. She's definitely helped out, plus it's been nice to have her by my side. As a friend and for support."

"Ooh you and Pacifica?" she wiggled her eyebrows.

I started to blush.

"About that... me and her kinda maybe sorta..."

"Go on," she said, excited.

"Kissed," I finished quietly.

Her eyes lit up and she did one of her girly fangirl screams. "Oh my god, I ship it!"

I chuckled. "Not gonna lie," I started, "I really like her."

"Well, you can fill me in on everything else that's happened later. I need to tell you why I'm here."

I nodded and my face went serious.

"I'm guessing Pacifica told you about Gideons creepy love letters?"

I nodded in confirmation.

"Well, I had no idea how he was getting them under my bed but I decided to just ignore it. The night before our birthday, I woke up sometime really late and I was in Gideons room. It was then when I found out that he somehow made a portal that led straight to under my bed. That was how the letters appeared there and that was how he brought me to his room. I tried to get him to let me leave but he wanted to make a deal. I'm guessing Bill had a pretty big influence on him before he died."

"What was the deal?" I said, very curious as to what he could possibly say that would make Mabel let him take her.

"He... Ok well it wasn't exactly a deal. More like a threat. He said that if I didn't come with him the he- he would..." she took a breathe, "That he would kill you."

"Oh Mabel," I said, hugging her once more, "We could've stopped him. You didn't have to do that."

We separated.

"Yeah, I know. I was just really scared. I didn't want you to get hurt. Plus, it was like 3 am and I was super tired."

We both chuckled.

"What about the letter I got from you?"

"I managed to convince him to let me write you a quick note. The real reason I couldn't just tell you I was with him was because he was watching as I wrote it."

"Wow," I said as I processed everything she had just said.

"Well then," Mabel said, ending the few minutes of silence, "Did you like your present? I had it specially made."

We both smiled. "I loved it. I always keep it with me as a reminder of you."

I reached into my pocket and it pulled it out.

I held it in the palm of my hand and we both stared at it and smiled.

My eyes went wide as I remembered something. "Oh my god! I'm an idiot!"

"What? What happened?" Mabel questioned.

"My phone! I still have it!"

I quickly grabbed it from my back pocket and turned it on. It was cracked, but it least it still worked after everything that happened.

It was 3:20 pm and I had a lot of missed texts.

"Call Pacifica," Mabel said.

"Shouldn't we call the police?"

"We can tell her everything and she can tell Stan and Ford. I just think it'd be better. Plus, she's probably really worried about you."

"Yeah, I guess so."

I pulled up her contact and hit the call button.