Chapter 8

Pacifica picked up almost immediately after I called.

"Where are you?! What happened?! Why weren't you answering?! I was so fucking worried!" She shouted into the phone and I could tell she had been crying. Mabel was right- She was really worried.

"Pacifica, I'm so sorry. I have a lot to explain."

I had it on speaker but Mabel was staying silent, most likely waiting for me to say something along the lines of us being together. But I had to ease into that. I didn't want to just straight up say it for the sake of her not going into shock.

"I'm waiting."

I took a breathe, "Ok so yesterday I kinda lied when I said I was meeting up with a friend. I was actually meeting Gideon because he called me and said he wanted to talk but then he knocked me out and put me in this room and I didn't wake up until about like 20 minutes ago," talking as fast I could whole still making it easy to understand.

"Did you find Mabel?!"

"Well..."

"Hey Pacifica," Mabel laughed nervously.

Her end was silent for a second.

"O- Oh my god. Hi!"

"As great as this is, could you please get our uncles and come help? I'll share my location with you," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, of course. I'll leave for the shack now."

"Ok, thank you so much," I was about to hang up when she said something else.

"Dipper?"

"Yeah?"

"You and Mabel be careful, ok?"

"Yeah, always," I reassured her.

"I lo-" She quickly stopped herself before finishing the phrase but it didn't stop me from blushing. "B- Bye," She said and hung up.

"You two are so cute," Mabel stated and my blushing intensified.

"Sh- Shut up," I said, embarrassed. My voice cracked a little at the 'up.'

"Damn, it's been 3 years and your still having voice cracks," She remarked and we both laughed.

...

Mabel and I had been talking for almost 2 hours. We were just hanging out and having fun, which was a nice break from the stress of our current situation.

It felt great to be in the same room as her. I can't put into words how much I missed her. She's one of my only friends.

The drive from the shack to here was about an hour and a half - I checked google maps. I left the cart what I was guessing was about 10 minutes from here.

Hopefully they'd be here soon. Thank god for recent technology. Not gonna lie though, I was not expecting to have service in whatever room Gideon put us in.

As Mabel and I laughed at a joke she had made, the knob on the door slowly started to turn.

I saw Mabels smile morph into a worried frown and then I looked back at the door, pushing myself harder up against the wall, even though I knew that that wouldn't make a very big difference.

The door opened up to reveal a smirking Gideon.

"I see you two have finally woken up and reunited," he said.

"What do you want with us, Gideon?!"

"Well, what I used to want was for Mabel to love me, but I gave up ok that quite a while ago. I've pretty much gotten all my anger out, but it's too late to let you go. I wouldn't want you tellin' anyone 'bout what I did now would I? I haven't yet decided what I'm gonna do with y'all, but I'll figure that out sooner or later!"

"Let us go you jerk!" Mabel shouted. "I've been trapped in here long enough!"

He didn't respond. He simply continued to look at us and then threw a loaf of bread in our direction, followed by 2 water bottles.

"I'll be back in a few hours to check on you," he said before slamming the door.

"Hopefully Pacifica will be here before then," I said and Mabel nodded.

I grabbed one of the bottles and started chugging down the water, due to the fact that my throat was super dry.

I stopped drinking and put the cap back on with only about 1 fourth of the water left.

We then opened up the bag that the bread was stored in and started eating it.

Not long later, I heard the sound of a door being forced open from outside the room.

"Sneak attack!" someone shouted. Based on their voice, I could only assume (and hope) that it was Soos.

After that, I heard many gun shots and hoped that everyone was ok.

Mabel and I looked at each other with hope and quickly scurried to the door and started banging on it.

"Guys, we're in here!" I shouted as we continued to hit the door.

The shots soon stopped.

"Guys c'mon," Pacifica said, my face lighting up even more at the sound of her voice.

Footsteps started rushing over to the door.

"Stand back kids," Grunkle Stan said.

We did as told and the door flung open.

"Ow," he groaned.

"Mabel!" they all shouted in unison. They ran up to her and enveloped her in a group hug, causing her to stumble backwards a bit.

I smiled at seeing how happy everyone was to get Mabel back.

I listened and watched as they all told her how much they missed her. The group hugged pulled apart and she hugged everyone individually.

"You've grown up so much," Grunkle Stan said while shedding a few tears.

"Yup," she chuckled.

As they all continued to talk, Pacifica left the conversation and went over to me.

"H-"

I was cut off by her pulling me into a hug. I nervously hugged her back and smiled.

"As happy as I am that we found Mabel, I'm so glad that your ok. I was so worried when you stopped answering my texts and then you never showed up to school today," she said and we kept hugging.

"I'm sorry. I should've told you the truth yesterday," I admitted and we started to pull away from the hug.

"Yes, you should've," she agreed, "But it's ok. I guess I understand."

"We should get going before Gideon catches us," Ford says. We all agree and start walking out of the room.

"These people aren't dead, are they?" Mabel asked while looking around at all the unconscious bodies.

"Nah we just shot em' all with dart guns," Wendy informed her.

"Well, well, well. It looks like the pines twins brought along some friends."

"Crap," I said as we all looked to the side.