Chapter 14

Now that everyone was back in the compound you could basically cut the tension with a knife. Skylar and Scott were hold up in Skylar's room as Klaus was avoiding that side of the house like a plague.

Two days after they got to New Orleans Skylar and Scott we're sitting in Skylar's room as they talked. Scott sat at one end of the bed as Skylar sat at the other.

"You ready to go home?" Skylar asked her friend who nodded "Yeah are you?" Scott asked her back "I honestly don't know, I have to throw her a funeral when we get back." Skylar sighed "you need to have a conversation with a certain tall blonde haired werewolf."

Skylar looked away blushing "why ever would I need to do that?" "Because Sky you like Isaac and I'm almost positive he likes you back." Skylar looked down at her hands and shakes her head

"I don't think so"

"Yeah."

"Mm no."

"Deny it all you want but I think you and Isaac will be good for each other." Scott told her, Skylar went to reply but someone knocked at the door grabbing their attention "yeah?" Skylar asked, the door opened to reveal Hayley "hey, Skylar can we talk?" Skylar nodded reluctantly and got off the bed "I'll be back Scotty."

Skylar and Hayley walked into Hayley's room and the pregnant wolf closed the door behind her "what's up?" Skylar asked as she crossed her arms over her chest uncomfortably "I know you hate klaus and if I went through everything you have because of him I would hate him too, and I was just worried that because klaus obviously cares for this baby, that... maybe some jealousy may..."

"Please tell me you don't honestly think that low of me." Skylar glared at the pregnant wolf "honestly I'm asking because if I was in your position I would want Hope dead." Hayley explained and Skylar sighed "hayley every moment in my life had been drowned in supernatural drama. I've been fighting supernatural fights because of Klaus since I was born. Hope is going to go through the same thing, so I don't really need or want to add to the supernatural problems she's going to have."

"Thank you." Hayley smiled and Skylar smiled back "Are you going to stay in New Orleans or are you going back." Hayley asked as she sat down "oh I don't want to be in this hell hole one more second than I have to be. So I should go back and pack so Scott and I can leave." Skylar turned and started to leave but she was stopped by Hayley's voice

"Thank you seriously for everything, your probably the most selfless person I've met so thank you." Skylar sighed and grabbed the door handle

"the only reason I helped is because of that kid, I've spent years hating so many people; you, klaus, elijah, Rebekah, I'm so tired of being filled with so much hate so I'm trying to forgive and move on, klaus is so damn far past forgiveness but I'm trying to be a batter person and let go of the hate. So no I'm not exactly selfless. I'm really fucking selfish and I'm really tired of people saying I'm selfless. If I was selfless I would have helped klaus when he first asked and my mom would be alive, but she's not."

Skylar opened the door and then walked out, she started walking to her room when she felt someone grab her hand and pulled her in a room "get off of me!" She snapped and pushed their wrist off of her "calm down love." A British voice sighed causing her skin to crawl "go to hell."

Skylar tried to leave but Klaus sped in front of her causing her to take a step back "just listen for one minute." Klaus pleaded "60 seconds before I turn you into a fur coat." She snapped "you hate me," klaus started and Skylar nodded "and I deserve it, I wasn't thinking when I killed grace."

"Yes you were." Skylar snapped as she looked at him with a look of disgust "you did it out of spite, to piss me off, so if your going to try to apologize skip the dumbass I didn't mean it bullshit." Klaus looked from his daughter face then back to the floor "I messed up." Klaus admitted "and I know you will never forgive me. So I am sorry for that." Skylar rolled her eyes "your minuet is up." She snapped before storming out of the room.

"He does love you." Rebekah said as Skylar walked passed her bedroom, Skylar sighed deeply before walking into Rebekahs room "if you say so." "He said he is sorry, Niklaus never does that." "I'll take your word for it."

"He has trouble showing emotions, trusting people, something you two obviously share." "Why are you trying to defend him?" Skylar asked as she leaned against Rebekah's dresser "he treats you like shit, abuses everyone, he's selfish, manipulative, conniving and controlling, but you stand by him, why?"

"He's is my family," Rebekah said simply "he's your family too, and one day, when you have been turned, maybe a few centuries from now, you'll see that if you need anything in life you need your family." "Rebekah's right." A new voice said from behind the teen, she of corse recognized it "is that so elijah?" Skylar asked, annoyed with her family and ready to leave

"You belong here with your family..." "really." Skylar snapped "What the hell do you want me to do, live here with a father who only talks to me when he needs a favor, in a cycle of emotional abuse and neglect, I'm not treated like a member of the family, I'm treated like an on call witch." Both of the originals looked away with a look of regret "I'm going to go home and go back to my pack and my family. If you'll excuse me." She pushed past elijah.

She walked back in and saw Scott sitting the bed "ready?" She asked and he nodded "let's get the hell out of here." She sighed and Scott got up and the two teens started to walk out of the compound. When they got to the middle of the court yard they saw that the Mikaelsons were all standing watching them "you going back home?" Marcel asked and Skylar nodded, Marcel got up and wrapped his younger sister in a bone crushing hug "if you need anything call me." He whispered and Skylar nodded.

After Marcel and Skylar pulled away Kol walked up and wrapped Skylar in a hug. "I'll come visit you soon poppet." Skylar nodded, when they pulled back Skylar looked at her 'family' before starting a spell and teleporting them back to her front porch "I need to go clean..." she trailed off and Scott nodded "I'll come over tomorrow." Skylar gave him a small smile before walking inside her house, she looked over and saw grace still on the floor.

She closed the door and slid down it with tears pouring down her cheeks as tears wracked her body.