Chapter 2

Once, destiny felt like a charming twist in a romance novel, a chance encounter leading to love. But adulthood shattered that illusion. This isn't a fairytale.

Here, destiny is a cruel joke, forcing you to meet someone you'd rather avoid. Coincidence, yes, two paths colliding. But the truth is, coincidence is just the spark that ignites a fire of pain.

You thought it's special because it looks like destiny. You thought it would last long because it's coincidence.. something like.. magic.

"I know you don't want to hear this ever again pero.. sa tingin ko, kailangan mong marinig. I'm sorry, really.. but it's Brandon Enterprises. "

Nasapo ko ang ulo ko ng marinig ang pangalan ng kompanya. Halos ilang taon na rin ang lumipas bago ang huling tungtong ko doon na sa ngayon ay dinadalangin ko na hindi na ako magkaroon ng koneksyon pa sa mga Brandon. Though, I have the twins with me so technically, I still have a connection with them. But hey, I already cut my ties with them five years ago. And my children are not using their surname. They are using Ramos, which is mine.

"Hindi ba pwedeng wag na lang, Lily? Pwede naman sigurong tanggihan, diba? It's already scary just by the thought of it." I pleaded, hoping for a miracle. It's just that, ayokong mapalapit sa kanila, o sa kanya. I left before because I'm so sick of the situation I'm in. And now, what's happening, really? Pinaglalaruan ba ko ng tadhana? If yes, that's so fucked up.

I'm really right, destiny or fate whatever you call that, it's all a term with a very bad connotation for me.

"It's either you work under the Brandon or you'll lose your job. I'm not up with it too but please be practical. I know you're afraid.. but please choose your decision wisely, " she said.

"Look, Lily, hindi sila pwedeng magkita okay? I will not allow that to happen."

"I know that, of course. But the kids are growing. You're not even accepting help from me. Saying that you still can. " Lumabi ako dahil doon. "He left you hanging before. As long as he's not aware of the twins, then everything's fine. You said that no one comes to search for you for the whole five years. It's just mean that it's over right?" she explained.

I was the one who left, though.

"Yes, it's really over.. " halos pabulong kong sagot. "But I'm worried with many things. If I'm working under his company, doesn't it too small for us to see each other again? Or just crossed our.. paths?"

Lily became silent.

"..And I'm still married to him, you know that.." I added.

"Why are you worried about meeting him again? Who cares about that, anyway? It's not that you two are going to have a conversation or what. If you passed by with each other, are you going to wave your hands at him and would gonna say, 'Hey Logan, you have a child and it's actually twins', hindi naman diba?"

She's right. It's not like I'm going to even look at him or something. At siguro.. hindi niya rin naman ako papansinin?

Right, he wouldn't. He would just turn a blind eye on me.

But is it worth it to risk that 0.0001 percent of probability that he's going to talk to me? Paano kung mali pala ako?

What if I'm too calm walking on the hallway of the company and suddenly.. bunch of bodyguards would go near me and bring me to him. Tapos..

Wait, am I going to far?

I shook my head. I'm not enjoying this! Pero.. iniisip ko kung papansinin ko ba siya kapag nakita ko. It's not because I'm interested with him! But to ask him when are we going to file an annulment?

"Ready?" Lily asked nang nasa tapat na kami ng Brandon Enterprises. I don't know what to feel. I just know that . . . I'm shivering in fear.

I'm not using the Brandon surname. Instead, I use Ramos. For the eyes of all, I'm just a single mom. Walang asawa na inanakan lamang.

"As if I have a choice." I said habang tinatanaw ang kalakihan ng kompanya. Its well-developed. It's been years, huh?

"Hey girl, don't be nervous, okay? It's pretty safe inside. There's no dinosaur and it's well guarded. Walang zombie sa loob kaya't keep your chin up. Walang kung anong animal diyan sa loob. Hindi naman hayop si Logan mo, diba?" Lily suddenly blurted out. She's laughing so hard that I wanted her to throw out in the end of the universe.

Matalim ko siyang tinitigan. I know she's just lightening up the mood but still, it's annoying.

"What? Are you expecting that you'll see each other in your first day?" She teased. She's making some face that adding up to the fuel I'm feeling.

"Pardon?"

"Wala. Sabi ko ang pogi ng asawa mo. Look!" Hindi ko na lang pinansin ang salitang 'asawa' at tumingin na lang sa tinuturo niya.

She's pointing at the big billboard of Logan while wearing a two piece black and white suit paired with an extravagant tie. He's still attractive, as ever.

Umismid na lang ako. I saw many guys who's more handsome. I'm not interested with him.

I just nodded at her as I entered the building. Nauna na ko sa kanya. She's busy admiring my husband's billboard . . . well, ex-husband? Whatever is it!

I quietly admire the interior nang makapasok ako. Maraming pinagbago, from the flooring up to everything. Its so perfect!

Ngunit naputol ang paghanga ko nang biglang magkagulo ang mga staffs at biglang humawi ang daanan.

"Good morning Miss Brandon."
"Good morning Ma'am Kelly."
"Good morning Ma'am." Isa-isang bati ng mga empleyado sa parating na babae.

"Uh-oh." Lily whispered ng makita rin ang isang bulto ng babae na parating.

Am I hallucinating?

There's Kelly Lane Brandon. Walking like an epitome of beauty. My first bestfriend.

My husband's sister.

I just want to say, my first day sucks!

ᕦʕ •ᴥ•ʔᕤ