✰ three ✰

joe:

"it's not that big of a deal gwil, we're not fucking," i rolled my eyes, picking at my salad. he looked at me as if he wanted to laugh but did not.

i was so fucking confused. i was speaking to the new boy, ben, once out in the hallway, asking him for a fucking pencil, and apparently gwilym saw us. i saw him stare at us, mainly ben, with evil eyes. i was going to question it at lunch, but just didn't think much of it. apparently, he brought it up first.

"listen, with this boy, it won't be soon until you two do," he scolded, staring at me sternly. i rolled my eyes again, waiting for rami to contribute to the conversation.

"jesus, i don't see what's the problem here or why you're giving me this lecture gwil." i ate the dry, probably expired strawberry that was in my bowl. rami laughed when he saw me.

"are you becoming vegan joe-ski broski? there's sandwiches, hunty." i pretended to gag at the nickname but just shook my head, giving him a unamused face.

"damn ma, is it that serious?" he mockingly shed nonexistent tears. i glared at him in disgust, but a smile made its way onto my face anyway. but i'm still disgusted. he's never using twitter again.

"the problem, joe, is that," gwil spoke, popping out of nowhere and ending rami and i's more enjoyable conversation. "this boy, right here, i know him. he used to go to my camp." i suddenly became interested and looked at gwilym as if to continue.

"we bonded over the fact that we're both brits. but trust me, joseph, he's a bad person to be around. why? well for starts, he's a dick. a douche," he stated matter-of-factly. i visibly cringed at the use of my full first name but he just ignored it. no one just uses my first name, unless they're my murderer or something.

could he really be that bad? like i've known the dude for like 5 hours, and we have like 4 morning classes together, which basically means every single one until now, but if i told gwil that, he might just explode. he seemed like a douche, yes, but i don't know. he seems... irritating but charming, i guess. charming in a bad way, thank you.

"why do you really care who i hang out with?" i said, hoping i won the conversation and it was done for. not like i was going to start hanging out with the boy anyway. the conversation definitely obviously wasn't over though, because his eyebrows furrowed. when that happens, you're asking for trouble.

"because you're my friend, joe, duh."

"really? is that it?" i asked cheekily, obviously joking.

"i don't want you to get hurt because you're my friend. that's it," he stood up, looking an odd combination of hurt and exposed. gwil hated showing his emotions, and this is how he usually reacts. is something going on? i was just playing around like we always do.

he proceeded to pick up his tray to throw away and walked out the cafeteria, not offering rami or i a glance. we looked at each other in confusion.

what's wrong? we should probably ask him, rami and i.

we just stared at each other awkwardly, finishing the rest of our nasty food, the air that disappeared once gwilym left suffocating us. we mentally agreed to question our missing friend about what's going on. i'm sure he's alright.