18) Lifeguard Imagine

I'm sorry for taking so long 😕😕

Enjoy!

Katelyn POV
I cannot believe summer is almost over! I feel like I've wasted it and spent my days lying around!

I mean, this isn't my last summer, but it's my last high school summer, due to me entering my senior year.

"Kate honey, hurry up or we will leave without you!" My mom yelled, nothing but serious.

Yes, I have been left behind before.

Yes it was my fault for taking to long.

Yes I learned my lesson.

Moving past that, we are heading to the beach today, as it is one of the hottest days in August.

Sliding on my flip flops, I rush out the door to our van filled with all of our noodles and water stuff.

I'm the oldest, having two little sisters named Lila and Anna. They are both freshmen in high school this year, meaning we will be in the same school for a year.

Arriving at the beach five minutes later, we all hopped out, running to  put our feet in the sand.

"Look Kate! The water is washing over my feet!" Anna shrieked in excitement.

"I see that Ann" I replied, amused.

We helped mom with all of our stuff from the car and picked a place on the sand.

"Thanks sweetie"

"No problem"

Once it was all set up, I took off my cover up and relaxed in the warm sun.

"What are you doing? Come in the water with us!" Lila begged, yanking me by the arm.

"I don't really want to, Lil, it's too cold!"

"Please!" She begged, dragging the letters out.

"Fine, but only if you promise not to push me"

"Okay I promise! Now come with me!"

Chuckling at her attempt to pull me along, I moved my feet forward until I could feel the cold water.

I was hesitant to get in due to my asthma but I knew I had my inhaler close by. I also noticed the lifeguard on watch which eased my worries.

Taking a deep breath, I got into the water with my sisters.

Andrew POV
I was the only lifeguard on duty today which was fine because nothing ever happened.

But I guess I spoke to soon because when I scanned the left side of the beach, I saw flailing arms up in a panic.

Seeing a head bob up and down, I quickly jumped off my stand and grabbed the red buoy, blowing my whistle for people to get out of the way.

Running into the water and swimming up to the girl, I hooked my arms under her, pulling her to the buoy for her to hold on to.

"It's okay, you will be alright, just hold on to this" I told the half-conscious girl.

I swam both of us to the shoreline where a worried mother was standing.

"Oh my god! Is she okay? Kate can you hear me?!" She yelled, running to the girl.

The girl, who's name I now know as Kate, started gasping for air, spitting out water in the process.

I pulled her up even more and laid her down, turning her head so she could spit out more water.

She opened her eyes, which I noticed as bright green, and looked at me in panic.

"In...ha..l....r" she gasped out.

Piecing together what she was saying, I looked to her mother, telling her to get her daughters inhaler quickly. She nodded and ran off.

"Just relax, your inhaler is coming, just take a deep breath for me"

"Ca....t"

"Yes you can, just breath with me" I told her, taking a big breath to show her.

She tried her best to mimic me as we both waited for her mother to come back.

I took time to look at the girl, noticing she was very beautiful with her green eyes and freckles.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I grabbed the inhaler from the girls mother, taking it in my own hands, shaking it to get it ready.

"Okay Kate, take a deep breath from your inhaler, I'm going to push it down for you" I told her, putting it up to her mouth.

She thankfully did as I said and after a few minutes, she started to breath a bit more normally.

"That's it, just like that" I smiled.

She smiled back, starting to sit up with my help.

"Thank you...." she trailed off, not knowing my name.

"Andrew. And I'm happy to help and glad you are okay"

"Thanks Andrew. Now, I must get going, I need to change before I catch a cold" she said, making me realize she was shivering.

"Yeah of course, goodbye Kate!" I shouted to her as she started to walk away.

She turned back, giving me an ear splitting grin which made me realize I had actually saved someone today and it felt great.

Okay I realize this is bad and I'm sorry😐
Vote, comment, share!
Thanks, K❤️❤️