Unexpected Teamwork and Don Armage

(It is Night time and very quiet,Traffic flows normally in one of the streets until something very tall and broad erupts from beneath the roadway, throwing drivers and pedestrians into chaos. The thing's shadow extends down the block, and it rears up to show itself in full detail: a long, wormlike machine with an enormous drill bit on the front end, which it had used to break through the pavement.)
(Tilt up to keep the drill in view as it rises to full height; it retracts upon stopping and is replaced by a head with a small, screeching mouth. Close-up of the spinning wheel of a stalled bus, then cut to an overhead view and pull back into the sky: it is stuck at the edge of the worm's crater. Inside the shaking vehicle, the driver and passengers look up alarmed; in the sky, that head rears back and knifes toward the street to send people running for their lives.)

(The bus is hit with Stinger's floating kyutama and pulled out of the way, an instant before the worm bites into the pavement and throws up a cloud of dust. When it clears, the head is pulling free; cut to Lucky, Hammie, Raptor, and Kotaro a bit farther along the street. Stinger came towards them and sets the bus down safely behind.)

Lucky: You missed the bus. (Pan to Naga, holding up a taxi.)

Naga: Looks like you'll just have to take a taxi.

(He throws the auto and scores a shot on the worm's head; there is an explosion, which clears to show the invertebrate rearing up and roaring anew. It comes down, as does Stinger)

Stinger:I got it.(Kotaro shoves him aside.)

Kotaro: No! I got it!

(He raises his muscle Kyutama to pick some stones to hit in the worm's path; it plows into this and is flung backward. Cut to a roof-level pan across the city, keeping the machine in view as it slowly overbalances and gravity gains the upper hand. Ground level: it smashes to the asphalt, shaking the entire block and ruining a car or two. Once it is down, Hammie rams the end into a nearby building. She shoots as best she can and looks at the thick curtain of dust that has risen, and after a moment, an infernal red light begins to shine within it. A beam shoots forth and nails Hammie; she is driven to the opposite side of the street and bounces off the pavement and a building.)

Kotaro: Hammie chan!

(Out of the smoke plumes, the worm rises once more, and a red spot on the head glows to indicate where the blast came from that took down Hammie, Cut to her, half-erect and woozy, and pull back overhead; a yellow flare encircles her and turns into a pavement fracture, Kotaro's Koguma powers at work. The worm fires its laser down at her, but he runs across, gets on the chunk he has just broken out, and carries her and himself to safety on it.)

(Up they go, the beam tearing into the architecture as it follows them. Once they have risen past the rooftops, Raptor runs in with her mawaslide ready to fire. A barrage of shots strikes the worm, which lets go with another beam from its now-smoking head and swivels to sweep it after her. Cut to ground level; Naga has his mawaslide going full tilt, while Lucky stands by him and watches. Pan across a bit as Kotaro and Hammie touch down.)

Lucky: Good work, Kotaro! Now help me get in his face!

(Close-up of his determined expression, then pull back as he sweeps one sleeve through the air with a yell. A large hunk of pavement breaks loose and starts to rise; cut to a medium-height view of the worm to show that he has brought up many rock pieces to form a floating staircase. Lucky bounds from one to the next, dodging blasts that blow the steps into dust behind him, and goes into a long leap accompanied by a handful of grenades flung forward.)

(The projectiles sail toward the open mouth, the camera riding with them into the darkness of the throat. Fade to black, then snap to a side view of the worm. Lucky drops out of his leap and is caught and carried away by Raptor; a string of internal shoots bulges out the monster's sides and sends smoke belching from the mouth. Lucky's sword have just given it the world's worst case of indigestion. After Raptor tows him to a safe distance, Hammie, flies in with Naga in his grip. The latter unloads a salvo of mawaslide shooting that leaves the worm reeling; it recovers and shoots back, but the two Kyurangers easily avoid the beam.)

(Now Raptor carries Lucky in again, so low that his chest barely clears a rooftop; she lets go and peels out, leaving him to drop into a dead run toward the worm. As another shot slams into the metal body and distracts its attention, he jumps, leaps over the edge, and fires. The line wraps around the body, allowing him to swing down and stay just ahead of the beam that slashes through the pavement behind him.)

(Lucky's momentum carries him to the upper surface, where he lands behind the head and brings out his Kyu sword for a quick twirl. Extending it to full length, he jams one end under the edge of a panel and leans with all his weight to try and lever it up, only to have the shaft break in his hands. The worm rears up and thrashes about in an attempt to buck him off; here come Naga and Hammie to street level. The latter takes her mawaslide and shoots, the former shoots too, They stagger backward, stunned briefly by the collision, and Naga gets his mawaslide going again once he comes to his senses.)

(Kotaro jumps in behind them and starts to lift a piece of pavement; pull back to show that this chunk covers the full width of the street, then pan to put Stinger in view at the edge of it. He throws his mawaslide over the mass to keep Kotaro from chucking it at the worm.)

Stinger: No! (Kotaro glares at him.)

Kotaro: What are you doing?

Stinger: It's too dangerous. You could get hurt. (He pulls it toward himself.)

Kotaro: I know what I'm doing! Trust me!

(Now the stone bulk moves toward him again. Close-up of Stinger's straining face, then Kotaro's, then the slowly shifting rock. Stinger again, then Kotaro, whose eyes go wide with fear. The sheer magnitude of their kyutama forces causes fractures in the pavement; pull back to an overhead view of it and the two Kyurangers as the breaks spread all over.)

(Naga, still mounted on Hammie's reptilian back, keeps a steady stream of fire trained upward as Lucky lands behind them. The worm rears up and prepares a laser shot.)

Lucky: Look out!

(The blast rips into the crumbling pavement piece, blowing it to gravel and hurling Kotaro and Stinger backward in opposite directions. A wave of energy radiates out from the site and sends the worm crashing to the ground. When it subsides, Stinger and Kotaro sit up from the sidewalk and get in each other's faces. Both of them are not happy)

Stinger:(sarcastically) Way to go,Kotaro (Pull back; Lucky stands up in front of them.)

Lucky: Come on! (Cut to the worm, submerging; he continues o.c.) It's getting away!

(The tail disappears under the road surface as Lucky, Naga, and Raptor rush after it. As they stand at the lip of its escape burrow and stare into the blackness, the other two Kyurangers and Kotaro move up to them and a beeping draws Lucky's attention. He pulls out his communicator and flips it open; cut to his perspective of the device, which shows Don Armage's face on its screen along with some static. Back to him.)

Lucky: Don Armage.

(Close-up of the screen. This shot matches the last one from Stinger's tail replay in the operations center.)

Don Armage: Lucky. Good to see you again. I do hope I haven't called at a bad time.

Lucky: The worm! What are you planning?

Don Armage: Well, now, Lucky. If you're so very curious, why don't you come down here and find out?

(The screen goes dark. All six teens stare, absolutely confounded, at the silent communicator in Lucky's hand. Fade to black.)

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 23, 2019 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Teen Kyuranger:Kyuranger Risingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें