chapter seven

{  CHAPTER SEVEN , QUICK AS POSSIBLE  }

{ CHAPTER SEVEN , QUICK AS POSSIBLE }

      BLAKE LOOKED OVER at Bev as she blew out the smoke, the cigarette held between her pointer and middle finger. Beverly knew not to ask Blake if she wanted a cigarette; which was good because she knew if she took it even in her finger, she would get addicted. That fear came from being around her grandparents too much; her grandpa had always smoked.
   "What time did you ask them to come at?"
   "I don't know, what time is 'quick as possible'?" With Blake shrugging, she could hear the high pitched voice of Edward Kaspbrak telling somebody to shut up, most likely Richie.

   Beverly glances over at Blake's watch she was wearing, taking note of the time. "Does 12:31 count as 'quick as possible'?" Beverly asked.
   "Sure, why not." Blake said before she rushed down the stairs, not taking a second look to see Beverly putting out her cigarette and following suit behind her. Passing by a little kid, Blake said a quick sorry before quickly going down another flight.

"What'd she need?" Bill asked as him and the rest of the losers biked to Bev's apartment.
Rounding the corner, Stan answered Bill's question, "I don't know she just said to get here as soon as possible." Bill nodded before he looked up, catching Beverly's eyes and her fit of worry, but he also caught Blake's eyes of jealousy. He furrowed his brows before looking back at Beverly, listening to what she was saying.

"You made it, uh, I need to show you guys something."
   "What is it?" Ben asked, his worry and affection towards her lacing his words like it was a coat or an article of clothing.

   "More than we saw at the Quarry?" Richie asked, pushing up his glasses a bit before setting his bike down, most of the losers copying his actions besides Stan, he used his kickstand instead.
   "Shut up Richie, just shut up!" Eddie warned. Blake silently laughed at the two's antics.

   "My dad, he'll kill me if he finds out I had boys in the apartment." Blake opened her mouth to suggest something before Bill beat her to it.
   "Don't worry, w-we'll leave a lookout. Richie s-s-stay here," Bill suggested. Beverly nodded in agreement before she turned towards Blake.
"C'mon," Beverly whispered before she took Blake's hand and started up the stairs with her, not before Blake could flash a dirty look towards Bill and smirk.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah," Richie quickly said as his friends were already going up the stairs. "What if her dad comes back?"
Stan turned around, the Losers stopping and watching their conversation. "Do what you always do, start talking!" He then started up the stairs as well, ignoring the response Richie had (as he always did but that was besides the point).

   The group of kids made it inside the apartment and Beverly and Blake lead them towards the bathroom. The door was closed of course, Beverly didn't want to be reminded of her horrors and nightmares every time she walked out of her bedroom. Blake get Beverly's hand a reassuring squeeze as the boys trailed behind them. Eddie was rambling about different diseases, and different ways to get them as he was scared to walk into her bathroom.

   "In here," Beverly said, her voice not as shaky as Blake thought it would be.
   "What is it?" Stan asked, clearly wondering why Beverly seemed so scared.
   "You'll see." Blake turned up to look at Beverly, the sudden urge to kiss her taking her over. Last night she was so close to it, yet so far away. She knew her heart belonged to Bill and Bill only, yet a part of her thought Bev could go against her fathers wishes and be a 'sin' as he puts it, but Blake could totally beg to differ. It wasn't a sin if it's only love; feelings don't have genders you balding freak!

   The group walked closer to the door, Eddie still rambling on about bacteria with his inhaler in his hand. Bill, as he was in front, pushed the door open, revealing the bloody mess that coated the walls, the floor, and everything else in the room.

   Blake bagged a bit before she started to tune out Eddie's rambling.

   "You see it?" Blake asked.
   "Oh god, yes," Eddie said again before he gagged and took a puff from his inhaler.
   "Good, I thought I might be crazy," Beverly said, averting her eyes from the memories of last night.

   "Well, if you're crazy, then we'll go crazy together, right?" Beverly turned back towards Ben, a small smile on her face.
   "Yeah, crazy together."

   "Bev, we can't just leave it like this," Blake said, catching Beverly's deep ocean eyes that gave her wonders of reassuring thoughts. Bill walked inside first, Eddie quickly giving him a look of 'what are you doing?!' but Bill didn't catch it.

   Blake looked down at her shoes, wondering if the blood would mess them up. "Welp, cant wait to scratch cleaning a bloody bathroom off my bucket list."

      BLAKE WALKED OUT of Bev's room after packing all of her stuff up, catching Ben staring at Beverly and Bill talking. Anyone could notice (except Beverly as she was oblivious to everything) the feelings he presumed for the fiery redhead.
   "Ben, c'mon, we don't want to keep the others waiting." Ben nodded as the two walked in the living room, Blake's arm wrapped around his shoulder and her head propped against his. The two walked out of the apartment and made their way towards their friends that stood by their bikes, none of them actually keeping a lookout for Beverly's dad. She quickly walked behind Richie who was staring off into space.

   "Whatcha staring at Rich?" Richie jumped in surprise of her voice, quickly pushing his glasses up.
   "Oh nothing. What happened in there?"
   "Umm, so, Beverly's bathroom was coated in blood?" Richie's eyes grew big as his mind still tried to process what she had just said.

   "Blood?" He spoke, his voice sounding extra with confusion. Blake nodded.  "That's it, you've gone insane."
   Blake stifled a giggle before she responded, "Welp, then you're stuck with a psycho as a best friend so get used to it." They both smiled before a voice interrupted their conversation, which was Bill's. Blake looked at him, Beverly standing right next to him, awfully close.

   "Look, if you and Bev don't work out, just look on the bright side. You can always just marry me."
   Blake scoffed but made sure it wasn't too loud, "Marry you? Maybe you're the insane one."

   "But, Blake!" Richie whined.
   "Richie!" Blake whined back, causing the two to break in a fit of laughter.