chapter twelve

{   CHAPTER TWELVE , LET'S KILL THIS FUCKING CLOWN!   }

WEEKS HAD PASSED since Richie came out to her. And since that day, they spent every day that they could with each other. Some days, they would stay in her bedroom listening to Cyndi Lauper, other days they would swim in the Quarry and others, like today, they would sit in the arcade. Richie was playing a game, mentally screaming at his character and his fingers for being so slow. Blake sat in a booth, her mind wrapped around her Nancy Drew book, and her hand holding the sweet tart box. Carolyn was trying to tell her to stop eating the candy, as it was apparently messing with her braces, but Blake didn't believe her Mother.

"Fuck this! Stupid piece of shit!" Richie exclaimed, slamming his hands down at the buttons. Blake peered over at her best friends, noticing the big red letters on the screen. YOU LOST.
"Did you win?" Blake joked.
"If I won, I wouldn't be cussing," Richie responded, walking over to the booth and grabbing a few sweet tarts.
Blake laughed — she always loved the jokes Richie made when he was angry.

Richie walked back over to the game, putting in another quarter, mentally preparing himself to call it trash again. Blake continued to read, feeling happy as she was getting near the end — just right before Nancy started putting the pieces together.
But that was the dilemma she was in currently. She was stuck between knowing how to kill the clown, and sitting back at the beginning.

The doors to the arcade opened. Bill Denbrough walked in, his white shirt with the blue sleeves cleaner than ever, and his jorts with just the right amount of dirt on its edges. Blake turned her head, watching him walk up to Richie. She didn't care to listen, and if they were going to fight again, she was going to be the one to drag Bill out of the arcade and tell him to leave Richie alone.

   Though, no matter how much she wanted to finish the chapter and drown out the voice of Bill, three words seemed to pierce her ears like never before.
   "It, Richie, it has Beverly."
   Her head never turned so fast before, her feet never moving that quickly since their adventure at Neibolt.

   "You have to be joking. This is the part where you laugh and say you're kidding," Blake said, now standing next to Richie. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.
   Maybe Beverly was right. Maybe they did need to be together to stay safe.

   Bill shook his head, confirming one of Blake's deepest fears. She clasped Richie's hand out of fear, and he gave her hand a squeeze, telling her that he was afraid too.

      IT WAS ODD, all of them being back together after the months where they stayed separated. They all stood by the well. Richie has said something, and of course, Eddie had to respond, but Blake wasn't listening. All she could think about was getting Beverly back.
   "How are we gonna get down there?" Mike asks, looking down into the black abyss the well inhabited.
   "With —" Bill took a second to finish his words, "— this." Bill handed Mike a rope, nodding as Blake helped him hook it to the pulley. She threw the rope over, watching at Mike rugged on the rope to see if it was secure.