Prologue

********

********

March, 1998.

'...This tiring battle of survival.

Every single day is another terror

Fear of what the new day holds,

What it entails..

Or is it the same usual endless cycle I will try to escape from?

This constant feeling of fear and despair

Gnawing at my every being- '

She was interrupted, as the door flew open, just in time to shut and keep her diary and two nurses emerged, tray in hand, "Time for your dosage young woman."

Her heart sank and she coward back in fear. Her anxiety kicked in.

"This dose is different from the previous ones. A crazy dose for a crazy woman," the other nurse snarled.

"No!" She yelled, backing up further against the wall, shaking her head frantically, "I'm not crazy!"

Her inside churned as she cried out in agony, repeating the same words she'd been chanting from day one. "I swear to you I'm not. I promise you I am not crazy. Not that dosage please," She begged in tears.

"Don't make us do this the hard way."

"Oh God No!! Please don't inject me!" She shrank further back in fear and trepidation as the nurse brought out the injection.

An average looking man entered. "Doctor! Please tell them I'm not insane. I'm actually sane! I am not crazy!!" She yelled pleadingly.

The man shot her a disgusting look, "What's taking your time? Inject her already. Enough of her nonsense talks. That's what she's been saying since her arrival."

"No! No! No!" She screamed, tears already streaming down her face, "How can I prove to you all that I'm not crazy!?" She then shuddered, "Oh my Steph. Dear God! Stephanie."

"What the hell is she uttering?"

Both nurses exchanged looks before shrugging, as one of them replied, "It's the one name she's been saying since she got here. Heaven knows what name it is and whose,"

"An indication that she's indeed mad," He remarked. "With time she'd get over it. Give her the daily dosage."

The psychiatrist said, shooting her an irritated glance. She had a distant and scared look in her eyes, her lips still chanting the name 'Steph' over and over. "Shut her up already. Will you?" He said in annoyance.

They nodded grimly and proceeded to, just as the lady shouted, pointing towards the door and they traced her gaze and saw the man leaning against the transparent door.