Chapter Two

Present

*****
Song: Bang my head - David Guetta ft Sia.

*****Song: Bang my head - David Guetta ft Sia

How time flies...

Roseline mused as she stood before the mirror, getting ready for the day's work. Satisfied with the reflection staring right back at her, she did a final touch up. Her hair has grown a bit longer. She noticed, tugging at the edges. Roseline lingered there, reminiscing her life over. It felt like yesterday when it all happened.. When she applied for her job. Seemed like yesterday when she got hired as Alexander's new PA.

But it's been two years already. Two years since everything changed. Her life had taken a turn and Roseline was glad, of the person she'd become. Her eyes held defiance; determination.. Ready for whatever it was life have to offer. The door sprung open, interrupting her train of thoughts.

"Hey babe." Laura, her roommate and only friend, greeted with a yawn, eyes glued on the fashion magazine on her hand.

"You're home earlier today than usual." Roseline remarked with a slight frown.

With eyes still glued on the magazine, Laura managed to discard her clothing and fell on the bed. "Oh yea, someone filled in for me and did my shift. Awesome right? Now shush and let baby girl focus."

"What's with you and this obsession with magazines?"

Laura hurriedly closed it. "I'm sorry boo, forgotten you despise the shit."

Roseline cringed, with an eye roll.

"But then," Laura rubbed her jaw in deep thought, "She actually really do look familiar."

"Who? Oh, you mean your obsessed fashion monger?"

Laura giggled, "Yeah, Stephanie. But honestly, I'm captivated by her fashion sense, her look, her charisma, her smile.. In fact, her everything!" She turned to Roseline, "Is it weird to say I'm attracted to her? Like, I loveeee her."

"It's perfectly normal," Roseline shrugged, swallowing the lump in her throat. "It's not like there's any string attached. You just love her for who she is. We all have someone we look up to and really admire-"

"Okay okay, don't go all 'motivational' on me," Laura raised her arm, interrupting her speech. "You should actually consider being a motivational speaker. Geeez."

Roseline rolled her eyes. Her eyes involuntarily caught a glimpse of the fashion magazine. 'Fashion supermodel, Stephanie B, in a secret affair?'

Roseline grew intrigued.
'Our beloved Stephanie, last spotted in her usual killer, trendy outfit.

Of course, who wouldn't love Stephanie? Fashion dandy, and our ever so sophisticated Stephanie, who has managed to effortlessly capture and tame the heart of millions. Stephanie, the darling of many, uploaded a picture of her and a man looking giddy on her insta story and captioned, 'amore' , which she deleted minutes later. Her fans went gaga upon seeing that. She has a love life the media didn't know about? Could it be her secret lover? Could it be she's ashamed of him she had to bring the post down? Or she-'