ten

the egg yolk sun poured through the cracks in the blind and awaited entrance into seungmin's eyes.

upon waking, seungmin felt a pair of strong arms around his waist. he burrowed himself into the warm, soft sheets, taking in the coolness of the air and it's loamy fragrance. he rubbed the remainders of sleep from his eyes and gazed out at the horizon through the cracks in the blind; its vivid light extended across a rosy sky.

seungmin pried changbin's hands off his own waist and hopped out of bed.

the ground felt lumpy as if seungmin were on a bed of earth and rocks. seungmin's clothes felt damp as a flower in the dew of the dawn. seungmin half wondered if he was still dreaming as he stretched, yawning in the process. now seungmin was awake, perhaps more fully awake than he has ever been.

seungmin wanted to cook breakfast for changbin and serve it to him in bed.

could there be anything finer than bed and breakfast which was prepared by your loved one? warm croissant, homemade jams and fine coffee made changbin's stomach grumble.

the air smells like every seaside daydream and the pace of life drifts by rather than marches. every morning the only wake-up call is a chorus of birds that flit between the summer-clad trees outside but this morning was different. changbin woke up to seungmin lying on top of him, kissing every part of his face.

changbin could never relax in his house alone but he soaked in the ambience of seungmin's presence like it was the only therapeutic medication he needed.

upon all the soft blankets they sat on, changbin and seungmin.

yet for all of these furnishings, for all the wonderful aromas of the breakfast and the coffee, it is seungmin that changbin loves the most. changbin could rest in seungmin's presence forever, hold him forever, kiss him forever.

changbin supposes it is the child in us that wants those things, that strong sense of love that keeps on going. changbin's okay with that; changbin will own those emotions.

this was so special to changbin and it wasn't the bed, it wasn't the breakfast, it was all about the hugs and being close to seungmin's heart.

what changbin didn't know was, today was the second last day of his life.